No electric guitar sounds as good as a Les Paul

billybilly

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Had a jam with a buddy this week. Fantastic guitar! The Bogner is mine and sounds ridiculous with it. He uses an Orange and a Fender Blues Deville and also great. Played his white one with a gigantic neck and also amazing sound. Not my kind of neck though. These don't really work with your other threads about cheaper guitars and not paying more than $1500. ; )

c7efa08825fd1f2a94cd714bc39d50fe.thumb.png.d8f8e08ad89b1f4535d5fdee26528475.png

• Members

I knew a guy about 20 years ago with a Hohner that was exactly like a black Gibson.Les Paul Custom.....that guitar always surprised me.....no doubt about it......that guitar rocked.....maybe he changed the pickups....the amount of sustain he got from that guitar was remarkable and it had perfect intonation....what's funny is if I saw that guitar for sale somewhere, I wouldn't have even played it probably.....it was probably made by Samick......

I found a photo that looks just like his.....

Hohner-1_2766.JPG

• Members

I like the way my Strats play more than my Les Pauls, and I enjoy the weight of my Strats, but for heavier rock my Les Pauls definitely sound better.....even with hot pickups, Strats are lacking the weight than translates into tone.....Strats would come closer if they were all mahogany but the scale length is different too.....they sound different....another difference is a the bolt on neck on a Strat vs. the set neck on a Les Paul makes a big difference....set necks are always better.....I think the neck through the body like some guitars have are better yet....

The other day I did a side by side comparison with one of my Strats and one of my Les Pauls through my Line 6 pedalboard and there was a HUGE difference.....the heavier the Les Paul is, the better they sound (usually) but my brother ended up with a pinched nerve in his neck where the strap goes by it from playing heavy Les Pauls for so many years.....(he doesn't like Strats like I do.....if I ever gave him one he'd sell it and put the money towards a Les Paul)....he likes Gibson SG's too but he complains that they are neck heavy and they don't have the body mass and weight of a Les Paul and they don't sound as good because of it.....Les Paul Customs are super heavy but really pretty....

This, in no way means I'm volunteering to carry Rosie O'Donnell around.....that would be embarrassing because I'd probably fart trying to pick her up.....

• Members

Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Larry Carlton, Gary Frickin' Moore and Robin Trower would like a word.

[video=youtube;hjDOjSmwjKg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjDOjSmwjKg

[video=youtube;Q3wX1wn-0go]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3wX1wn-0go

[video=youtube;-l6dvPaTzD4]

[video=youtube;pvu7Y91xUKM]

[video=youtube;ZmoMb0gNFrA]

And that word is: B*llsh*t.

Archived