NFGIDHD - New Guitar

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Moderators

This is more than a new guitar day, this is a New Feckin Guitar in Da House Day

I saw this on Guitar Villages website around 2010, and thought they'd put a Gibson Custom Shop in the Gibson USA section, so emailed them about it. Nope they said, it's just a 2008 spec LP Std.

Dam!!!! Gotta have it.

Guitar Village are one of a few guitar shops who don't use stock shots, but like Wildwood and Sweetwater, so I knew I'd get that guitar and man it was beautiful.

Held out for 4-5 weeks and then crumbled, gave themn a ring and they'd soild it that morning to a local guy..............................:angry47:

Browsing 2008 spec Les Pauls a few weeks ago and all of a sudden I stop dead........nah, no way, can't be, trawled back through Gmail, saw my last mail, emailed the owner and asked him when he bought it, and yes, it is exactly the same one £1899 he paid, remember it well, 1799 for black and Gold Tops then. Got it on auction for 1220, plus £20 shipping.

Guy wasn't too happy to send it, so he drove down form Guildford this morning and handed it over. I gave him an extra £40 cash.

One is well pleased.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

• Moderators
Oh my' date=' that is one special guitar. You must be over the moon! Amazing grain, colour, you name it. More pictures? :)[/quote']

It's actually down as a Honey Burst, and unusually the pictures actually do the guitar justice. I'll try and get some more pictures over the weekend with natural light, but despite the fact I have a better camera than Bbreaker, my pictures rarely get better than his, apart from the focus. The back is caramel like Gold Tops, as the only thing that always stops me from buying LPs is the reddy mahogany/oxblood transparent red lacquer they use, especially the reissues, although oddly enough I'm ok with it all over, ie the so called Wine Red finish

$_57.JPG

• Moderators

My R7, which still had the original BBs in it sounds glorious, they sound very much like Seth or SD Antiquity buckers. The BBs in this sound like ass. Wolfe is going to sort me out a set of Marshallheads before he gets bogged down with NAMM stuff. The asymmetrical neck is just perfect, good enough to put the R7 on the to shift list.

• Members
Irony is SC' date=' it was between this and aSuper Real EGF-1000, but it had DiMs in and my plain top EG900 is as good. Dry Zs might have been a different outcome as the top on the Super Real was mesmerising, but the guitar was £200 more😑😧[/quote']

decisions decisions.....lol..

Maybe a set of Dry Z's will come around that could go into that gibson!

either way that guitar is amazing looking. Don't think you're losing anything there.

Congrats!

• Moderators
That looks sweet!!!

Too bad it has that skinny little pre-2015 neck where the high E string slides off, and it can't tune itself. :(

just kidding. Rock that baby!!!!!!!!

I know it sucks that it has the asymmetrical neck, probably the comfiest that Gibson has ever made and the neck width dimensions that are exactly the same as they always have been:)

Although I'd much sooner pay 100% more for it:cool:

Archived