I love my cheap little $20 Sabine tuner

RockPianoman

• Members

This tuner makes all my guitars sound super sweet......I never understood why so many tuners can't do this....the tuner in my Line 6 Floor Pod Plus doesn't tune well and neither do the tuners in my other Line 6 pods.....what the heck....it shouldn't be rocket science.....I tune A 440 on everything.....I'm sure these Sabine tuners can be found cheap on Ebay if they don't make them anymore (I have a couple like this and one that looks the same but is chromatic).....I've had them forever and they just keep on ticking.....

You can turn them on silently to tune and then off and your signal still passes through them (this makes your battery last forever).....they take a 9 volt battery....they are easy to use in the dark......with velcro you can put them anywhere.....I think when they were new they were around $20 so they should hopefully be cheap used on Ebay.....make sure they have the battery compartment lid and that it's not broken (mine have never broken).....

I bought a 9 volt power supply with a 9 volt battery snap at Radio Shack and I attached the tuner right where I practice with velcro and it has never needed batteries because of this.....(I tied a knot in the wire and made a notch in the battery compartment lid so it will never pull on the 9 volt battery snap)......it's been that way many years.....it's the best tuner I have ever used (when you use distortion, it's super easy to hear when you're out of tune....harmonics).....this tuner makes all the difference.....hopefully Sabine's other tuners work as good.....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...TUNER&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=SABINE+ZIP-700+GUITAR+TUNER&_sop=15&_from=R40%7CR40&LH_BIN=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XSABINE+ZIP-1000+GUITAR+TUNER&_nkw=SABINE+ZIP-1000+GUITAR+TUNER&_sacat=0

SABINE ZIP-700

$(KGrHqJ,!qgFHz3f2hCgBSCZ,psTrg~~60_35.JPG

13510_IMG_0002_1.jpg

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

SABINE ZIP-1000 (Chromatic)

13510_IMG_0001_1.jpg

• Members

Snark clip-ons were all the rage over in Acoustic Guitars a while back and that's what I use. I also have a Wittner GT2 that I use for setting intonation becauseit has a physical needle but I prefer the Snark because it's chromatic. I'd like to get another tuner for my electric so I'll check out Sabines.

Archived