Somwhere in a distant galaxy...

1001gear

• Members
That was fun! And great playing regardless of age. A little bit of bluegrass goes a long way for me, so now I've had my quota for the rest of the year.

Bluegrass is ok but tbh there is a limited amount of banjo I can take. Same for sitar. These kids are impressive though. I presume that the older one with the guitar is the 'dunce' of the family since they only showed 2 seconds of him at the end :p

• Members

Meanwhile,

in another galaxie, possibly farther away and much colder, there is this guy. I'm not comparing him to a banjo-shredding child, but I think his balalaika performance is pretty humbling. For all the machinations I go through about guitars and amps and effects and tubes and tremolos and stuff, there's this guy with three strings, one tone and a Soviet Russia sized heaping of dorkiness.

• Members
Meanwhile,

in another galaxie, possibly farther away and much colder, there is this guy. I'm not comparing him to a banjo-shredding child, but I think his balalaika performance is pretty humbling. For all the machinations I go through about guitars and amps and effects and tubes and tremolos and stuff, there's this guy with three strings, one tone and a Soviet Russia sized heaping of dorkiness.

I found the alien Bluegrass clip in a place called the Folk and Traditional Forum. (down the list a ways on the front page) Don't know who they are, Admo Jarrett posted it. I could rave on for a page but I'm stuck on "amazing!"

Froze...

You and Terje should go down there stir it up.

Archived