My guitar lost sustain (after changing string guage)

mbengs1

• Members

I strung my guitar with a different set 4 months ago. i put on a 9-46 set. so i had to make some adjustments like truss rod tightening and the springs at the back of the guitar. Now i restrung the guitar with 9-42 again noticed the sustain was lesser than before the string change. what could have caused this? my guess is that the screws holes for tightening the springs at the back are looser now since i had to loosen it considerably. what do you think?

• Members

Those are some really light gage strings so I can't imagine we're dealing with that much sustain to begin with. I would suggest that the sustain you have now is probably closer to the norm. Then again, how much sustain do you really require? Not many phrases call for anything more than a whole note, maybe a dotted whole note.

• Members
Those are some really light gage strings so I can't imagine we're dealing with that much sustain to begin with. I would suggest that the sustain you have now is probably closer to the norm. Then again' date=' how much sustain do you really require? Not many phrases call for anything more than a whole note, maybe a dotted whole note.[/quote']

I like to shred so i use thin strings. but i like it to sustain too. it sustains long enough with high gain so i guess its not such a big deal. i might buy a compressor to solve this problem.

• Members
I strung my guitar with a different set 4 months ago. i put on a 9-46 set. so i had to make some adjustments like truss rod tightening and the springs at the back of the guitar. Now i restrung the guitar with 9-42 again noticed the sustain was lesser than before the string change. what could have caused this? my guess is that the screws holes for tightening the springs at the back are looser now since i had to loosen it considerably. what do you think?

What kind of guitar is this?

Was the tremelo "decked?"

Archived