Holiday Music for the Deranged

Burgess

• Members

This probably isn't for everyone...

We Three Kings

This is just me trying to channel my inner Coltrane over some Abersol backing tracks. Crazy stuff, not for the faint of heart.

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

This is me playing all the tracks and the drums are a Boss Dr880. The guitar was tracked with a dead stock $300 MIC P90 laden Tele knock-off. Bass is a dead stock 5-string Ibanez. I hate to admit it but the bass solo is better than the guitar solo here. :(

If you've ever burned incense at any time in your life you might be able to relate to these. If not this may just be 15 minutes of your life you will never get back. ;)

• Members

Wow, Abersol tracks, that's a major throw back. I remember meeting Jamie when he visited my college back in '88. He's a cool guy - very humble.

I'm digging the God Rest Ye track. Might sound cool to remix with an ethereal reverb on the drums and push em back in the mix a bit. I think it would bring out the other instruments a bit more. The drums kind of compete with them in the current mix.

BTW, did you program the drums? I like em!!

• Members

Understood. I appreciate your comments and wish I still had the tracks to try what you suggested as it seems like it would be worth hearing what it would sound like. But I've totally revamped my whole setup and those tracks are all gone now. That's something I may try in the future.

• Members
Understood. I appreciate your comments and wish I still had the tracks to try what you suggested as it seems like it would be worth hearing what it would sound like. But I've totally revamped my whole setup and those tracks are all gone now. That's something I may try in the future.

Coolio! Keep rockin and posting stuff.

Archived