Realistically, how much ?

Buttcrust

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Man - your sig takes up exactly one screen on my phone. How about a top ten instead? You always have interesting stuff to say' date=' but it's buried. :) I'd imagine that guitar wood be a $3-4K maybe?[/quote']

just putting in what the sig field allows olo

not a fake...been in the dudes cellar 35+ years,,,black Gibson USA hard case with black "silk" liner/cover...

says 250/275 stamped in black ink on the back of the head below the s/n sn 02224649...so, what is it ?

If the Guitar Dater Project site is correct, it's not a '76 - it's much newer than that. I made the assumption that it is a indented stamp for the serial number, not a decal.

The 250/275 means it is possibly a limited edition model - number 250 out of 275 built of the model.

I'd need better pics to be able to do a positive ID; it's not ringing any bells for me. :idk:

__________________________________________________ ________________

http://www.guitardaterproject.org/gibson.aspx Guitar Info

Your guitar was made at the

Nashville Plant, TN, USA

August 10th, 2004

Production Number: 349

Gibson: Nashville

Gibson’s Nashville plant was opened in Tennessee 1974. All electric models and some acoustic models currently made at this factory. This facility has an average production rate of 220 guitars a day. Each guitar is built by hand and takes about 4 to 6 weeks to complete. Note: Most hollow and semi-hallow body guitars are made at a separate plant in Memphis Tennessee. This facility has an average production rate of 40 guitars a day.

Related Links

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Show Serial Number Breakdown

0 (year)

2 (month)

2 (month)

2 (month)

4 (year, second digit)

6 (production number)

4 (production number)

9 (production number)

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #FFBD00] [/TD]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #E3A1C4] [/TD]

[TD]Month

These 3 digits represent the actual day in the year, ranging from 1-365, from this the month and day can be calculated.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #42B4AC] [/TD]

[TD]Production Number

The numbers 001-499 show Kalamazoo production, 500-999 show Nashville production. The Kalamazoo numbers were discontinued in 1984.

When acoustic production began at the plant built in Bozeman, Montana (in 1989), the series' numbers were reorganized. Bozeman instruments began using 001-299 designations and, in 1990, Nashville instruments began using 300-999 designations.

Source: Blue Book of Guitars[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Archived