Creed

WRGKMC

• Members

This is pretty sad. I hate seeing this happen to musicians, but its definitely not the first time.

I guess, sometimes you got to hit bottom before you realize, there's no one out there going to help you but yourself. He seems to be blaming all his problems on other however. I know when I was in dire straits like that and sleeping in my truck (in the winter snow) I didn't blame my poor luck on others. I sucked it up and blamed it on my own poor decisions in life, then did something about it.

Maybe he was ripped off by unscrupulous managers or friends, but how many examples of that can you name off the top of your head? I can name dozens. It's been going on in the music business for as long as I can recall. That's why you have to be as sober as a judge and wise as a fox if you want to be in the music business, and when it comes to money, you don't trust anyone but yourself, cause when that tax man comes after you, they don't care if you're a fool and let others rip you off. When they come for their share, they have a piece of paper with your name on it, not the guy who robbed you.

This may sound heartless to some of you, but I can assure you its simply tough love. At lest this guy does have notoriety in back of him. Many musicians go through this kind of stuff and don't even have that. You can find stories about it in the lyrics of a thousand songs if you listen. Many of those stories, especially by blues players come from real life experiences, not fantasy. Even the Beatles wrote a song called Tax Man when Abbey Studios was failing. This guy has to surround himself with good people, and put his life back in order from the ground up. If he's lucky, he'll have the opportunity to help some brother musician out there who is in the same predicament he is in today and give him a hand up.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/s/creed-frontman-says-broke-living-holiday-inn-200402659.html

Archived