Any guitars that come with the EMG solderless type setup on new OEM guitars?

Fusion1

• Members

I bought the Charvel Skatecaster with EMG 81/85 set and was disappointed to see once I opened the control panel that they used what looked like the old solder variety controls with (I haven't checked yet) the quick connect wires to the pickups. Same situation with the DC-1 Desolate Charvel. I was hoping to have used the solderless kit that I assumed was in these new guitars to swap into other guitars that had a passive system and do a quick swap. I see they sell the solderless kit for around $40 from EMG but I'd prefer to buy a guitar that already has this solderless kit installed from the get go. Anyone have any guitars already that has this system right from the factory?

• Members

I'm guessing when you buy the pickup sets they come in the solderless version, but can anyone confirm if the Epiphone Prophecy models come standard with the solderless version? What about the newer Schecter guitars with EMGs. Same question with the PRS guitars with EMGs and ESP/LTD guitars with EMGs. I know EMG itself has had the solder-less variety since 2009, but I just want to know what guitars these were used in as standard OEM equipment.

Archived