how to play "Rock or Bust", AC/DC's killer new song!

kyboch

• Members

Killer song! Nothing groundbreaking here, just a really good rock song and fun to play too! If you're looking to learn this I'm pretty sure this video will help out.

I hope you get something out of the lesson. cheers everyone

• Members

People often give ACDC a hard time for their lack of musical complexity but pure genius, does not require complexity. The smartest people I know are able to communicate a complex idea that everyone can understand, the others, who often hide behind their words or eccentric musicality, are just pretending.

[video=youtube;HvrvuwKbQos]

• Members
Love this song. Love the album.

Yeah...it's pretty f'in good. I'm not one who will say a "classic" band's new album is "great" just because I like them. And I LOVE ACDC....one of my favorite all time bands......I never get tired of their sound and I can always go back.

But I have to say I've thought much of their production over....say...the past 20 years.....has been pretty weak. The only thing I really thought was decent was Razor's Edge and even that just the few songs like money talks and thunderstruck.

This new album though.....wow.....in my opinion it's the best complete album they've done since For Those About to Rock. The songs are sharp....full of GREAT hooks....and my god.... brian johnson's voice hasn't sounded this good since his first two albums with the band. I don't know if it's studio trickery or if he's been working on it or whatever......frankly....I don't really care either way....all I know is he sounds great.

For the past 20 years I've been waiting for an ACDC song to GRAB me....and get my head shaking and foot tapping....and aside from the couple I mentioned...nothing really has....until now.

Good on Angus for putting this together. And good on him for showing he can get the job done without Malcolm. And get it done WELL.

Archived