I could get used to Country Music

1001gear

• Members

Bluegrass absolutely counts.

I'm pretty sure that that would be classified as Jazz not Country, still some damn good music though. I got no problem with Jazz or Country or Rock or Blues or Classical, etc., - good music is good music regardless what the slant.

As would the next one with Brent Mason. :cool:

• Members

If you haven't listened to Country in the last ten years or so (maybe more) you won't recognize it. It's basically the closest thing to 80's classic rock that's on the radio today. Not saying it's the same thing but it certainly has some of those elements.

It does seem to be the only pop music (and it is without question pop music) that is still produced with more input from actual musicians than electronically generated content. Nothing wrong with the computer generated music IMO, but I still appreciate music made by actual extremely talented musicians.

• Members

That guy lost his mom, wife and son (Eddy's the one playing the lead Strat) all in the span of about a year, poor guy. Eddy Shaver's drug habit got the best of him - real shame as he was on the road to stardom.

Kind of reminds me of that old joke;

What do you get when you play a country song backwards?

Your wife, dog and pickup truck

• Members
If you haven't listened to Country in the last ten years or so (maybe more) you won't recognize it. It's basically the closest thing to 80's classic rock that's on the radio today. Not saying it's the same thing but it certainly has some of those elements.

It does seem to be the only pop music (and it is without question pop music) that is still produced with more input from actual musicians than electronically generated content. Nothing wrong with the computer generated music IMO, but I still appreciate music made by actual extremely talented musicians.

Tru dat and gorgeous Tele tones.

Archived