bought a relic

mistersully

• Members

wanted a strat... liked this strat.... bought it

(shop photos)

s63-ng2411-800.jpg

s63-ng2411-2-800.jpg

it's a nash S 63

what's worse is he doesn't cut his own bodies... *gasp*... he puts them together *egads*

anyway... i always said i'd never buy a relic because it was relic'd... but i wouldn't let it stop me if it was a cool guitar

this is a cool guitar

• Members
I'm in the 'not a fan of relics' camp but I looked at a few Fender CS guitars recently at guitar center that were heavily relic'd, and I have to admit they were hard not to like, lol.

i'm on the fence about them to be honest... at the end of the day i can respect that it's an aesthetic choice, yet obviously a guitar with natural wear is a thing of beauty

the finish had nothing to do with me buying this guitar though (if i hated it, it would have stopped me i guess)... it's a great playing and sounding strat

• Members

When I see a relic - I just imagine it would be easy to play with great tone - why else would it be worn in? Guitars that play well look played not all shiny from the case. Maybe the psychology is working! HNGD - it sounds like it plays as well as imagined!

• Members

See I find that very appealing because it's understated. The pastel looks vintage but the relicing is not overdone; and I appreciate the fact that it doesn't blatantly try to pass as a Fender. Congrats and enjoy.

PS I'm sure that's an incredible guitar but doesn't it bother you that they put such a cheap string tree on a $1,500 instrument? I'm sorry but I just did notice that. Those things will cause tuning issues. Easy fix obviously and the rest of the guitar looks classy as Hell. Just surprised that's all.

Archived