Lighted Picks?

Dendy Jarrett

• Members

For a while now Vic Firth has had lighted sticks. They have acrylic tips with tough LED's that can withstand the abuse of drumming. I have seen them used in drum clinics and it is quite effective.

Here is drummer, Swiss Chris using a set on stage:

Today I had an e-mail cross my desk that is a lighted guitar pick. Has an LED built into the tip.

What do you guys think? Would you use one?

Could be kind of cool on stage.

No affiliation to seller, and no nothing about them. Placing the link so you can find more info about them:

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/firefly-picks?sale=1&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=iPhone%20Users&utm_campaign=Daily%20Sales%2020141113%20iphone&email=nashvillerover%40comcast.net&open=1

fetch?id=31311890

• Members
Gimmick - let me put on my Kiss makeup and see if it looks better.

Oh, for sure a gimmick. In a clinic setting the lighted drum sticks always got a standing ovation.

I did wonder, if the lighted pick might be helpful in a lesson setting to offer a more visual element to the patterns you are strumming ...

• Members

I think I heard they make your guitar sound brighter; the argument is that if you play long enough at one go, the heat emitted from the pick brings the wood particles closer together and so the guitar sounds brighter.

Whether it's a bad thing or not is up to you.

Archived