Any body seen the new Hendrix film

catscurlyear

• Members

it kind of paints Keef in a bad light,Keef was in a relationship with Linda Keith and Linda Keith was trying to get Jimi a record deal and hanging out with him getting stoned and wot not and giving jimi is first acid experience ,when keef learned of this Keef runs off to linda keiths dad and accuses Jimi of being a drug addict (ironic)and begging with her dad to go get her back. .

and when "Jimi kills God" Claptons reaction is funny.

• Members
i`ve seen it' date=' i liked Andre 2000 as Hendrix ,apart from when he was miming the guitar ,and the soundtrack was a little weak it didn`t reflect how awesome Hendrix must have sounded back then.[/quote']

There is a reason for that smiley-sad

I will refrain from expressing my opinion of those responsible

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140926/12251828651/jimi-hendrix-biopic-opens-today-without-any-jimi-hendrix-music-thanks-to-copyright.shtml

• Members

There is a reason for that smiley-sad

I will refrain from expressing my opinion of those responsible

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...opyright.shtml

i knew the Hendrix estate would not allow any Hendrix songs to be used .it was the soundtrack which they actually used for the film i`m talking about . it is somebody trying to replicate jimi`s playing in jammin situations ,for example grooves and blues , no songs as such, the playing does not get across how awesome Jimi`s playing was and would have been even more back then ,

• Members

Let me preface by saying I have been a huge Hendrix fan since his first album came out in the 60's and he has been a major influence on my guitar playing and creativity. With regard to the movie, there were some things I liked about it and some I didn't. Overall, I have to say I was a bit disappointed. Like others, I missed hearing Jimi's actual music, although I thought that Waddy Wachtel did a nice job of emulating the style and vibe of his sound. And I thought that as an actor. Andre captured Jimi pretty well, and that the film captured the vibe of the times (I was there.) Although I don't think that the film in general painted the most flattering portrait of Jimi. I wish I had known before I saw it, that it only covered one year of his life before he even recorded his first album. I would have had different expectations.

Also, after I saw the film, I did some research online and found extensive writing in response to it from Jimi's ex-girlfriend Kathy Etchingham who is portrayed prominently in the movie. She says that a lot of it is just plain untrue and is fictitious, including the scene where Jimi attacked her. According to her, that never happened. Also that the portrayal of her and Linda Keith is totally inaccurate - that in real life, they were totally the opposite of how they were portrayed. She said that she offered to consult with the film makers in the initial stages, but they rejected her offer and made up a bunch of stuff to fit their story.

So who knows what is real and what isn't. Like I said, in my opinion, there were some good things about the film, but overall I was disappointed, especially that it may create a distorted and negative image of Jimi for younger viewers who may not be as familiar to him or experiencing him for the first time via this movie. HIs real contribution to the world of music happened in the time after the movie ended. Not sure why they chose to focus on such a narrow segment of his life. Just my two cents.

• Members
I thought that Waddy Wachtel did a nice job of emulating the style and vibe of his sound.
Waddy seems like a nice guy ' date='but i would have used someone who is hard core Hendrix like Randy Hanson maybe Frank Marino , Eric Gales .or maybe even this guy whoever he is ,this will blow your mind check out is other Hendrix stuff as well.[video=youtube;UI1hnAbhmzo']

• Members
Waddy seems like a nice guy ' date='but i would have used someone who is hard core Hendrix like Randy Hanson maybe Frank Marino , Eric Gales[/quote']

I agree - Waddy would not have been high on my list to emulate Hendrix for the soundtrack. Although, as I stated, I thought he did a decent job of it. Randy Hanson would have been perfect. I saw his Hendrix tribute show back in the 70's and it was totally mind-blowing - as close as you could come to seeing the real thing.

• Members

I agree - Waddy would not have been high on my list to emulate Hendrix for the soundtrack. Although, as I stated, I thought he did a decent job of it. Randy Hanson would have been perfect. I saw his Hendrix tribute show back in the 70's and it was totally mind-blowing - as close as you could come to seeing the real thing.

Yep ,he`s great is Randy ,i`ve watched lots of his stuff on utube

• Members
Waddy seems like a nice guy ' date='but i would have used someone who is hard core Hendrix like Randy Hanson maybe Frank Marino , Eric Gales .or maybe even this guy whoever he is ,this will blow your mind check out is other Hendrix stuff as well.[video=youtube;UI1hnAbhmzo']

The curly cord from his headphones adds a nice bit of authenticity to the look as well.

• Members

The curly cord from his headphones adds a nice bit of authenticity to the look as well.

yeh you`re right, i like curly headphone cords ,especially when recording ,if you stand on them by accident you don`t get a sudden jolt and the headphones flying off your head like you do with the straight cord.

Archived