Yamaha SG Flight Case

travisty

• Members

A wise man once said: not all SG cases fit all SG guitars... I guess that must apply even more to Yamaha SGs :p

I think you are better served by trying something at a store, or at least make sure it has a good return policy. I just went through a similar exercise trying to find a hard case (not even flight rated) for my Epiphone Nighthawk and it's pretty amazing how hard it is to find the perfect fit.

• Members

It is called 'SG' but has a slightly weird body shape, with a weird upper horn and a truncated lower horn. By itself that suggests I need to wait to get exact measurements so I will. The TSG was a limited edition made in 1985 to commemorate the 20tg anniversary of Yamaha's first electric guitar. There were something like 60 of them made. Decent pictures are here: http://www.mikigakki.com/category/photo_album.php?item_id=UEC-90825

• Members
Can anyone recommend a third party hard case for a Yamaha SG type guitar? I'm looking for an ABS shell case' date=' preferably rectangular. TIA![/quote']

call Gator cases directly... great people there, and they'll help you find the right case. I have one of their ATA cases, and it has flown with me all over the world multiple times. Still in amazing shape.

Archived