Craiglist / eBay Ads I don't want to see...

Virgman

• Members

Guitar for sale, Stratercaster by Fender

I could tell you I've played the crap out of this for a decade the frets are worn and the neck has a twist

But I won't do that, I'll say my brother gave it to me and I don't know anything about guitars, no returns.

• Members

sm-censored Ok...you struck a nerve! angry02

The CL ads I don't want to see anymore are something like this...

Wanted band to play at outdoor party. Need you to play for 3 hours. I have a list of songs I want you to mix into your setlist. There will be several people attending that have ties to the music business. They want to come up and jam...or just use your equipment. We can't pay you, since the cost of the venue is so high, but you can promote yourself, sell t-shirts and CD's and have a tip jar. It's a great opportunity to get noticed, because we have a couple hundred people coming and we're only charging $10.00 to get in.

Contact me with references, youtube performances and setlist. Must have your own PA, too.

• Members
sm-censored Ok...you struck a nerve! angry02

The CL ads I don't want to see anymore are something like this...

Wanted band to play at outdoor party. Need you to play for 3 hours. I have a list of songs I want you to mix into your setlist. There will be several people attending that have ties to the music business. They want to come up and jam...or just use your equipment. We can't pay you, since the cost of the venue is so high, but you can promote yourself, sell t-shirts and CD's and have a tip jar. It's a great opportunity to get noticed, because we have a couple hundred people coming and we're only charging $10.00 to get in.

Contact me with references, youtube performances and setlist. Must have your own PA, too.

That is so bad.

• Members

Here's another sorry seller, poor guy got suckered:

'Fender USA' strat for sale or trade - $200

00B0B_a0eBLPS8yVZ_600x450.jpg

"Up for sale or trade is this strat. It is NOT a real fender even though the headstock says made in USA and the serial number dates it to early 90s. Best I can tell it is a parts caster put together from different parts.

I bought this under the impression it was the real thing and it's not. Has Fender tuners. I don't want someone buying it to think it's a real USA strat.

It plays really nice and sounds good. A few dings but nothing major. Will listen to trade offers for other electric guitars as well.

Have plenty of pictures just let me know if you need to see anything else. "

• Members
I don't want to see "for sale" ads with no asking price. . . .

I enter a minimum price of $2 because $1 usually means "Trade." I hate folks who don't delete their ads after the whatever is sold. I've wasted time on a Takamine acoustic and a Peavey amp that were sold. The last time I sold something on CraigsList, I deleted the ad five minutes after I sold it.

When I bought my bass, the ad said it had a mismatched tuner, which was visible in the photo. I asked if there was any other damage and got a "No." The guy had picked it up as a backup bass and didn't bother to get a case for it. He simply threw it (perhaps literally) in the back of his van. When I got it, it had dings and scratches all over it and the pots had bent shafts.

• Members

I love (hate) the ads that state "MUST SELL TODAY" but then in the next sentence "Price is FIRM".

Love the cheap guitar-amp "Starter Pack" bundles that are listed for the same or more than their selling price.

Idiots thinking their weird crap is valuable because it's "RARE!" People that re-list their crap over and over and over and over... Like the guy locally who's been trying to sell his SS Crate guitar amp since last summer. His price has dropped from $380 down to a $325, still about twice what's the amp's worth realistically.

People that want to trade, usually they want to trade their asian-made guitar for an american-made one. :confused:

The words "rare", "vintage", "lawsuit" or "boutique"....

Overpriced boutique amp heads... (Dr. Z, divided by 13, Bad Cat...)

• Members

Hmmm Idea for Fender: Startercaster (from that earlier strat bung up). Do we like "custom relic job" (did self and butchered no end). I was walking up street here in Thailand and guy had beater acoustic slung. Wanted to go up and say "You know people would pay $100's extra to get that look your guitar has..."

"Limited number, rare guitar". Yes, and the universe will end somewhere down the road too...

Archived