Cryin' Shame

mark theriac

• Members

So sad to see only one or two new posts in here daily. This site used to be on fire. Hard to give up an old friend. Thanks to those corporate cone heads who screwed everything up. Hope they got fired but as corporate goes they prolly got a promotion. Used to check in every day but now unfortunately once a week will suffice. Win some lose some!

• Members

They did.

Now we rely on good folks like you to stimulate conversation and we'll get it back to the way it once was.

Thanks for the comments Mark T.

D

I really hope we can get back.

This place used to be a non-stop party.

• Members

Think of it like this. We are an online community of people who all have a common love for music and making music. Not unlike a real community, the "town government" started letting the water quality go down, the streets weren't cleaned, graffiti had grown rampant, traffic lights were out of order and so on. It wasn't a great place to live. We are working hard to fix that challenge, but in the meantime, the community has to believe in each other. Start communicating again. Throwing good ideas at one another (not bashing each other). In other words, the community is still here. We just need people to start participating more. Participation stimulates more participation. The difference is that this time, the people in charge of the community have actually been long time members here and care about the place. We have your backs and are listening and while, yes, ... there is a lot of cleaning left to do, it is a MUCH better place than this time a year or two ago.

Thanks for your support and drop in for more than once a week!

Respectfully,

Dendy

• Members
So sad to see only one or two new posts in here daily. This site used to be on fire. Hard to give up an old friend. Thanks to those corporate cone heads who screwed everything up. Hope they got fired but as corporate goes they prolly got a promotion. Used to check in every day but now unfortunately once a week will suffice. Win some lose some!

Gee Mark, you only have 53 posts including this one.

Maybe you could contribute more...just saying.

How about some pics of your under $100 guitars?

:wtf:

• Members

Agree. But lately I've been coming back a bit more. Maybe every little bit helps. And yes, HC screwed up a lot of things, but it shouldn't have gotten this bad because of issues with software and some excessive moderating. I think that mass consumerism died down a bit (post recession), a bit of fiscal constraint is now a bit more of "the times"'; but you'd think there could be an equilibrium reached of somewhere between then and now.

But as someone that used to be a fairly frequent contributor here, I found that some of the "cliquishness" was a bit of a turn off, and so much of it eventually seems redundant. But let's see your green guitars! And WTF happened to my emoticons? ;-)

• Members

God I used to practically live on these forums during grad school. I'd have my books open on the desk and the monitor open to the forums.

I learned so much about gear from these forums, and I'm happy to contribute to the rebuilding phase.

Another point to remember is the rise of reddit. Many people hang out there instead now. But I prefer it here :thu:

• Members

GAS Man: To the best of our knowledge, Phil O'Keefe and I worked hard to get all the emoticons restored. If there some missing, call it out to us. We can get um done!

Niceguy: Thanks for saying that. I think a lot of the early users were in your shoes and "life happened" and the advent of social media as well. To me, I prefer the forums over Facebook because I can come back and find stuff to revisit. Heck, on FB, I can look at something and come back to show my wife 10 minutes later and loose my mind trying to find it. :)

• Members

I think the site has cleaned up a lot - it's more civil and polite. But it's pretty slow and there's a lot fewer people participating. Maybe the clean up contributed to the exodus. The site software didn't help. Users don't like change either.

Archived