FWIW RE: Schaller Strap Locks

eeddings

• Members

For what it's worth...

I bought two sets of Schaller strap locks this past week and received them both by Friday. Today I installed the buttons on a couple of my guitars that didn't already have them. My straps already had the locking mechanisms installed; the locking mechanisms on my straps are like 5 years old I believe. Basically I use the same two straps for all my guitars and just do a quick switch of the strap whenever I change a guitar.

Anyhow, long story short, three of the four buttons on the new strap locks I received were just too big for the older locking mechanisms that were already installed on my straps. I thought they weren't real Schallers at first (someone could've swapped the locks in the original Shaller package) but they're stamped Schaller Made in Germany so they're definitely the real deal.

Anyhow, one set was purchased from Amazon Warehouse and the other from Musician's Friend.

I swapped the locking mechanisms on my straps and they fit the new buttons I installed; but, they're just a bit more loose on the older buttons that were already installed on my other guitars. I don't see any problems with them being a little more loose and I don't have any fears that they'll slip off. The new ones are just real stiff (like new Shaller locking mechanisms are) so it'll take me some time to get them broken in again.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share.

Archived