Working on one thing at a time

gardo

• Members

I make it a rule to only have one guitar or amp down for repairs at a time,,otherwise I tend to end up with nothing left to play

I make plans for the next mod or upgrade but I won't start until I finish what I'm already doing.

How do you do things?

• Members

I've got stuff scattered all around my shop in various states of disrepair.

The problem I have is stopping when I come up against something I can't solve at the moment and I set it aside until I can get the part or whatever else is preventing me from finishing the project.

I like your 'rule' and may have to adopt something like that for myself.

• Members
I make it a rule to only have one guitar or amp down for repairs at a time,,otherwise I tend to end up with nothing left to play

I make plans for the next mod or upgrade but I won't start until I finish what I'm already doing.

How do you do things?

Thats what i used to do. I dont bother now. Practice will do me more good than blaming my gear. Took me a while but now I know it. smiley-wink

• Members

I usually have several items on the go at once. With most things you get stuck at some point and you can't let that stop your life till the part arrives or whatever.

One thing I do need to do is keep all the stalled parts stored and sealed until work continues. I have had two digital cameras apart on the bench at the same time and that is a real bad mistake :(

• Members

Thats what i used to do. I dont bother now. Practice will do me more good than blaming my gear. Took me a while but now I know it. smiley-wink

say what you want but I love to tinker . If I find something new that excites me and brings a new color to my playing I'm going to be inspired to do new things.and play with enthusiasm

I don't by any means compare myself to Jimi Hendrix but his thought on practice was" I can't practice ,everything I do is a jam,I'm always looking for something new"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gwLQAuHJv8

• Members
Also it would help my life enormously if you could tell me where small screws that fall off the bench go to?

Experience suggests that it is not the floor, maybe the same place as the missing socks?

The small screws I lose seem to bounce across several rooms roll down the halway and end up in the bathroom or something. Either that or they get caught on my clothing and carried across the house..

• Members

say what you want but I love to tinker . If I find something new that excites me and brings a new color to my playing I'm going to be inspired to do new things.and play with enthusiasm

I don't by any means compare myself to Jimi Hendrix but his thought on practice was" I can't practice ,everything I do is a jam,I'm always looking for something new"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gwLQAuHJv8

Oh I understand that completely. My 2 main toys are brand new though. Give it 12 months and the soldering iron may well be out again.

• Members

Oh I understand that completely. My 2 main toys are brand new though. Give it 12 months and the soldering iron may well be out again.

I've already got a mod or two in mind for the Srat I got in August,but it's not at the top of my list . I'm still getting to know it right now.

Archived