Looking for info on a Yamaha RGX1220A Electric Guitar.

BenjisnamedBen

• Members

I currently own a black Yamaha RGX1220A, but unfortunately it is missing quite a few pieces from the FR looking Tremolo, as well as the string lockdown on the neck. The guitar itself is in good condition, I am just trying to restore it and need some tips as to where to find these parts. Yamaha discontinued them, and basically told me to try forums, or ebay. Turns out, this guitar is either pretty rare, or people just love them. I can definitely see why. I have attached a picture of what my guitar looks like (not my guitar just a reference) Any help, or advice would be very much appreciated. -Benji

e38ab8231ab3e10cb0f2341c05060bb1.jpg.fe026ad9e9b067be5a4c1b3a461798b6.jpg

• Members

Hey there.... I have a similar Yamaha, and first thing to remember, is that it IS NOT a Floyd. Floyd parts won't work. Go to your local hardware store, guitar in tow, and hunt thru the metric screws to find the ones that fit. As for the locking nut, some of the ones on eBay, the ones that mount directly to the top, and don't need the screws from the back of the neck, will fit. Good luck!

• Members

Unfortunately, back in the day, Yamaha manufactured their own "licensed" Floyd Rose vibrato/tremolo units. Few if any parts are interchangeable with the much more common "original" Floyd Rose units that are readily available. Same deal with the various Ibanez Lo-Pro vibrato/tremolo models -- proprietary "licensed" units.

Archived