NGD

Floyd Rosenbomb

• Members

My, what a big head stock you have,

p5_um0kdfytd_so.gif

p3_uhuagsojj_so.gif

Body color is subjective, always liked surf though. Got it used in almost mint condition. Didn't know about the American Special Stratocasters before I bought this guitar. I think it is pretty cool line. I do like the vintage trem and large headstock. They come with Texas Special pickups which I'm quickly warming up to. They sound glorious with distortion and or overdrive. The cleans are really nice but they are a little different then that standard Strat sound. They have a little bit more of a Americana sound to them. That's cool though and it has pushed me into a little bit different song writing territory, which is welcome. Very versatile pickups.

The down side was that when it got here it needed to be totally reset up. The first owner had it set up in a way that was just off. It sounded dead, too, so my first impression was not good. When the trem is decked it kills the open sound of a Strat. Was really unimpressed with how the guitar sounded. Pulled one of the springs (down to two a la Jeff Beck) and that let the trem float to a nice height. Bingo, she came to life.

Had it about a week now. All is well. I think it is a keeper.

Party on, Wayne.

• Members

Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day. Sweet looking Strat.

. . . When the trem is decked it kills the open sound of a Strat. Was really unimpressed with how the guitar sounded. ​. . .

Wow. I must be absolutely destroying the sound of mine by blocking the trem (excuse me, I mean vibrato).

Archived