A Reverb Tank (not what you are expecting! )

Chordite

• Members

Yea, that Tank thing has been on the internet for at least 5 years now. I think it was even on some TV show.

There's another one I been trying to find on the net again. The tanks are the size of grain elevators in some huge abandoned factory in Europe. Some studio engineer has them set up as actual reverb chambers. People send him clips on line and pay to have him play the clips back through the chamber and have that reverb added to their track. Its a pretty cool idea when you think about it. Real reverb always sounds better then synthetic. I'm just not sure how profitable it would be hanging out in some abandoned factory waiting to have someone send you a clip to add reverb to it.

• Members

Places like that are facinating. I used to open the doors of the local churh on sunday mornings.. They had just built a new gym so of course I had to take a guitar with me to try it out , it was a lot of fun.. They soon decided that there was just too much echo and installed some acoustic panels

Oh well ,it was good while it lasted.

• Members

in college, would practice classical guitar in the stairwell. it was pretty much deserted and so, quiet. as i suspected, acoustics were pretty damn good! after a while i noticed more and more people on the stairs with homework, etc. while i was playing... :)

• Members
I love the way those horns sounded' date=' would have liked to have heard an acoustic guitar. Wish I lived in a community like that.[/quote']

I work for a family owned steel fab business. We have fabbed tanks before but I never tried them out acoustically.

Hmmm....We do need something new to make...Household sized reverb tanks out of thin sheet steel? I wonder if the thickness, or lack thereof, in a tank could account for lack of size.

Archived