Do you play the same guitar every day?

gardo

• Members

I have 20+ guitars, and try to rotate through them fairly regularly, because I like them all. I really don't have an electric that is my constant go-to, but for acoustics, it is definitely my Martin OMCPA4. I play it almost every day. It plays and sounds great, and the smaller body size makes it more comfortable than my dreadnaughts.

• Members
I mostly do' date=' I have a current favorite I focus on and ignore the othres. I was wondering if I should have a plan to play a different guitar every couple days or just follow my mood.[/quote']

Follow your mood....especially if you don't have a gig.

• Members

I can't really plug in where I'm presently at (bummer, I know). So, I play my Martin D15S every day, preferably at the beach in the sun. I've lowered the nut and saddle and it plays like a dream and sounds like a canon as it's massive. It's a 12 fret dread so the upper body is extended by two frets.

I ordered a Bugera V22 the other day so hopefully, within the next month, I'll have a place to plug in.

• Members

I have over 14 guitars, it depends on what I'm working on or what bug bites me.

Sometimes, I'll be in a Neo Classical shred / Classic 80's Metal mood and play my Kramers, Jacksons or my home assembled Super Strats with humbuckers and Floyd Rose trems. To do arpeggios, speed pick, speed legato, 8 fingered tapping or doing outrageous or melodic tremolo things.

Of if the Blues / Funk bug bites me, I'll go for my Traditional Strats with Wilkinson Tremolos with locking tuners.

One day, I was at a music store and this guy was playing some righteous Funk Style guitar, man that guy taught me some cool stuff to work on. I was on a Hendrix / SRV / Funk phase for a couple of months !!!!

• Members

I've got a dozen guitars and play them as the mood strikes - often several in an evening. Some are tuned or played differently - twelve strings, resonators, lap guitars - and each has its own voice. One of the things I always do is check the humidifier in the case and replenish the water if its getting dry.

• Members

I have 17 electrics. My #'s 1-3 live at the studio, whatever they may be. It's been pretty steady for a few months with my Guild Starfire IV, G&L SC-3, and Jaguar handling recording and rehearsal duties. At home, I try to rotate through the rest when I practice. There are usually a few that are in repair mode. A couple I use mainly just for slide work. Right now, hanging up within quick reach are my Epi LP Custom, and an Ibby PF200.

• Members

As I find all of my guitars feel different and have specific challenges, I try to play my main 5 ( Les Paul Std., PRS Artist, PRS SE Custom, PRS SE Singlecut with Lollar P90s and a Nashville Tele) fairly regularly. I have a few that are "specialty" guitars ( e.g.. Dano 12 string) that I break out for recording mostly. I've just joined a band and I find my main 5 probably will be dwindled down to 2 for the gig. At home though, I'll keep rotating my main 5.

• Members

At home a mixture although I go through phases. When practicing for gigs or rehearsals (which hasn't happened for a whole now) it was LP Junior. I think the guitar that gets picked up the most at home apart from acoustic is my Squier tele- it's just fun, v light and you can really let loose

Archived