If you HAD to only have one guitar to cover it...

Willyguitar

• Members

I know, such a ridiculously dystopian idea, but if you HAD to only have one electric guitar, that had to be *versatile* to cover you in a band, let's say, what would it be?

Although I hate to admit it, I am beginning to think it would have to be something strat-styla...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A strong case could be made for any of these ,I probably favor the 335 types because that's what I've played the most over the years.

Each one is versatile yet each one also has it's limits. I would look at the limits and see what it can't do and balance that against what you want to do.

If you ask me I'm saying "here's your guitar,go buy it" I played this exact guitar about two weeks ago and it is sweet , not made in China like the new ones are . I bought a Strat that day because I already have something simalar to this one and I've been wanting a Strat for a while

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone...00-i3835207.gc

• Members

Easy, I would keep my 1958 Les Paul with the headstock repair and overspray. Sounds great and it's got a couple knocks on it so you wouldn't have to worry about the first ding.

Plus, it's probably the best thing out there to cover all the bases.

1780052_10203604880911509_1140266367141891439_o.jpg

• Members

For me, I could do pretty much anything I needed to do on that. If you look at all the styles they've covered so well I think that's true.

If I needed something with a lot of zoo zoos on it I would get a Roman or a Doug Irwin.

• Members
For me, I could do pretty much anything I needed to do on that. If you look at all the styles they've covered so well I think that's true.

If I needed something with a lot of zoo zoos on it I would get a Roman or a Doug Irwin.

I've been waiting for someone to mention LP. It's on my wish list

• Members

I've only owned it for about a week so the "newness" has not worn off on it yet, but so far i'm really liking the versatility of my Epiphone ES-339 Pro. The humbuckers are coil split so there's a lot of possibilities with it. All depends on the type of music you play though (works good for classic & alt rock don't think it would be good for anything metal-y).

Archived