Courtney Love guitarists' guitars

enuenu

• Members

Saw Courtney Love gig last night in Australia. It was very good. I'm trying to work out what the two other guitarists were were playing. They both used what seemed to be identical guitars. They looked like white ES 335s with black scratch plates, but they had an asymmetrical headstock kind of like a Duesenberg but the longer side was on the side of the higher strings. One guitarist switched to a similar model that was black at one point. The guitars had two F holes unless my memory is fading. Any ides? I can't even find details of the band's lineup anywhere.

• 9 months later...
  • Members
Saw Courtney Love gig last night in Australia. It was very good. I'm trying to work out what the two other guitarists were were playing. They both used what seemed to be identical guitars. They looked like white ES 335s with black scratch plates, but they had an asymmetrical headstock kind of like a Duesenberg but the longer side was on the side of the higher strings. One guitarist switched to a similar model that was black at one point. The guitars had two F holes unless my memory is fading. Any ides? I can't even find details of the band's lineup anywhere.

Hope it was better than this

(This is not fake by the way)

[video=youtube;v-xUwDARVb4]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
FWIW, the white guitar is a Hagström Viking

Had a look and those Hagstroms seem to be low priced Chinese guitars.

http://www.proaudio.com.au/shoppingcart/products/Hagstrom-Viking-Tobacco-Sunburst.html

For a guitar to sell for less than $1,000 in Australia it has to be made in China or another low labour costs country.

A bit more digging and it seems they were once made in Sweden. I would guess the fellows in Courtney's band have the real deal guitars from Sweden.

• Members

Probably not. the Swedish Hagstroms weren't the best guitars. I had a Swede, and pretty much hated all there was to hate, with the exception if it be being a striking cream/white color. Otherwise, intonation sucked, neck went wobbly every other day, wouldn't stay in tune. Garbage. The Chinese ones are better quality than the originals I bet.

Archived