What gear have you bought/sold in the last 12 months?

thatsbunk

• Members

I've been playing guitar on an off since the mid 70's (more actively in the last 10 years though). During my first 25 years with the hobby I had only one acoustic guitar, one electric, and one amp. I've been slowly accumulating "stuff" since then. Over the last 12 months though I've noticed a dramatic upsurge in my GAS. As I am waiting for my latest delivery from EBay, I took an inventory of what I've bought & sold over the last 12 months & am wondering if i might need a 12 step program...

Bought;

Gretsch G-9320 mandolin & gig bag

Yamaha FSX-700sc acoustic guitar & HSC

Squier VM Jaguar & gig bag

Seymour Duncan little 59 tele bridge pickup

Bigsby B-6 Vibrato

Pair of GFS surf 90 pickups

Squier Bronco Bass

Lace Sensor pickup for said bass

2 Sennheiser e609 mics

Fender Blackface Princeton Reverb

Epiphone ES-339

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra

MXR Phase 90

Boss DD-6

Couple of harmonicas

Unknown quantities of picks, straps, cables, strings, etc.

Sold;

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra

Alvarez RD-8C acoustic guitar

Boss RC-2

Boss TR-2

Fender Hod rod deville amp

I'm sure there's crap i'm forgetting.

How has your inventory changed over the last 12 months? Am i normal?

• Members

I traded an old JC120, which I simply did not want to haul around any more (even though it is a great amp) for a Fender Mustang IV that can do the Jazz Chorus thing quite well and is actually quite a fine amplifier for a cheap MIC model.

The JC120 went to a festival backline where the Mustang had turned out to be too complicated to have in that role where many different players would be using it and needing to find a sound quickly.

It's good the see the old dog getting some action again and that shimmering stereo chorus is almost worth the lug.

• Members

Bought:

• New Epi 1966 G400 SG Pro in TV Silver
  • Used Ibanez AEG20E VV Acoustic Electric (for something to play at lunch at the office)
  • Used (but in new shape) Fender Mustang III v2 amp
  • New 150w Eminence Patriot Swamp Thang 12" speaker for the Mustang III

14049_epiphone_1966_g-400_Pro_12111521406_1.jpg

DV016_Jpg_Large_519756.660_violin_R.jpg

FENDER+MUSTANGIIIV2+AMPLI+COMBO+MODELISATION-3.JPG

660034000000612-00-750x750.jpg

Sold:

Nothing, though I am giving away my mahogany dual P90 SX Hawk to the nephew of one of my buddies; he's learning and has a Jay Turser Tele. I thought I'd give him another horse for the stable.

• Members

Sold a couple of speakers, a couple of broken amps, and an MXL condenser mic. Bought (sigh): Guitars - 1982 G&L SC-3 1999 G&L ASAT Bass 1997 Fender Jag (MIJ), plus all of the fixings to upgrade it to USA spec. 1967 Guild Starfire IV Special MJT Strat 1993 Hamer Special (bought back from a friend I sold it to long ago) 1977 Ibanez PF200 Amps - 1975 Musicmaster Bass Amp Effects - Daredevil LSD Fuzz Little Big Muff Pi (70's) Analogman SunFace NKT275 EQD Hoof Reaper Some vintage DOD Chorus Ibanez Bass Synth Russian Big Box Big Muff Korg Pitchblack Poly Recording - UAD Apollo Duo ProTools 11 Blue Reactor 2 Beyer M69's Misc. - New straps for each new guitar One of those clip-on headstock tuners A bunch of string swings Cables Picks Strings Parts to finish up a Strat project for a friend I might be missing some stuff.

• Members

My wife got me this 339 Ultra for my birthday.

20140616_1444071_zpsab2224e7.jpg

Got this Martin OMCPA4 about a year ago.

IMG_2472_zps6bcef47a.jpg

Traded a Marshall JTM30 for a Mustang III. I think I finished building the guitar in the picture within the past year as well.

CIMG2045_zpsca64ba90.jpg

A friend of mine gave me this Garnet Revolution II (2-6V6 into single 12")

IMG_0096_zps9d8f596d.jpg

• Members

How was that gorgeous strat in the end ? you lucky boy.

Its fantastic. Best nos 20 year old bargain I ever got.:cool:

In fact I am going to start a thread soon to see if anybody can shed any more light on what model it is.

I've hunted and cant fnd a match for its spec.

• Members

Its fantastic. Best nos 20 year old bargain I ever got.:cool:

In fact I am going to start a thread soon to see if anybody can shed any more light on what model it is.

I've hunted and cant fnd a match for its spec.

Do you have the Duchossoir Strat bible? It is very detailed and helpful. I have the first edition, but it is packed away for moving right now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fender-Strat.../dp/0793547350

or the bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Stratocaster-by-Duchossoir-A-R-/311014181640?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item4869e3cb08

• Members

I bought a capo and a set of strings to give to a friend (does that count toward selling?) I bought a new Dragonfire tortoise pickguard for my Strat. Bought a new Rapco/Horizon patch cable on eBay for my modelling pedal (my old cable was pretty short). More recently I bought a used Roland Spirit 25 A guitar amp for myself and an Ibanez IBZ15B bass practice amp for a friend and subsequently gave it to him (again, does that count toward selling?) Bought a dozen assorted picks in two installments.

Archived