Ibanez Blazer refurb...

Busk

• Members

Bought for $250 from Guitar Center online.

It went from this

fetch?id=31238693&type=thumb

to this...

fetch?id=31238694&type=thumb

Basically, I had to clean all the grime off it, put the electronics back to stock, remove silly stickers, and buy a correct trem rod....

77aab781d1860c61261bd58c22df5a22.jpg.f33723f8bf3d7a6d99942d843420ce45.jpg

7ac24c093abb2812d6e35d3cf40dcbc8.jpg.7d2988ebee144413087105342da972f3.jpg

• Members

Thanks. I can highly recommend those old Roadstars from the early 80's that were made in Japan. You can get some killer deals if you can deal with grime, settting it up and minor issues. Just make sure the frets are in good shape, and the wood isn't compromised.

• Members

Nice. I have one of the natural finish HB Blazer's I bought new in 81 or so. I had to replace the bridge but everything to include the case is original. It still has an issue with one of the nuts vibrating off of the screws on the neck pick up but everything else is great. Great guitar.

• Members

Thanks all!

This is the trem rod I purchased to replace the rod that showed up with the guitar.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/6mm-Screw-In-Floyd-Rosemade-in-Mexico-replacement-trem-arm-Gold_p_60.html

Cheap, and I think it's as close as I am going to get. The original was brass. Mine came with a really crappy looking black one that looked like it was taken from an Indonesian Squier or something.

There are tons of cheap Roadstars online, but few blazers. I was only interested in the BL-550 customs and will pick up the metallic blue one when I find one at a decent price.

• Members

For what it's worth, I've own several Ibanez Blazer and Roadstar guitars and basses. Bought them all back in the '80s and '90s -- all used, but still in like-new condition.

As far as Ibanez models went back then, it seemed that nobody cared all that much about the bolt-on models -- it was all about stuff like Destroyer, Iceman, and to a certain degree the Artist models. :lol:

Archived