Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you happy with your Musikraft neck?

I went with Warmoth on my last build/assemble. Nice neck. Like to save a little coin and am looking at maybe using Musikraft for the next neck. Any experience with them?

http://www.musikraft.com/

Besides being a guitar player,
    I'm a big fan of the guitar.
    I love that damn instrument.
    -Steve Vai

No experiences with Musikraft, but if you're looking to save some dough I love my allparts neck. I've also used MightyMite in the past which, while not bad, is nowhere near on par with my allparts or warmoth necks.
    Guitars: 2 Partscasters (SSS and SSH), Gibson SG Special Faded (heavily modified)
    Effects: RMC4 Wah, BYOC Envelope Filter/Auto-Wah, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, EHX Big Muff Pi, Marshall BB-2, EHX Soul Food, BYOC TS-808, EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, MXR Phase 90, Ibanez DE7
    Amp: Fender Blues Junior with BillM mods

Comment

Some thinks I like about Musickraft is that is that I can get a custom neck .
      With musickraft I can get a better sized nut width (43mm)
      22 frets
      10-16 compound radius.
      asymmetrical EVH profile
      satainless steel frets
      for $260

That is cheaper then most allparts necks and as far as features, I would personally enjoy having those custom specs over a standard MIA fender neck, but especially over a MIM spec neck which (for some crazy reason) most places sell.

Besides being a guitar player,
      I'm a big fan of the guitar.
      I love that damn instrument.
      -Steve Vai

Comment

My Musikraft necks are my favorite. Best feel and perfect right out of the box. Highly recommend.
        One MIA Fender Strat, one Gibson Les Paul, one Martin Acoustic, what more do you need?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...ps92b32f13.gif

Comment

Have you considered making your own neck? It is one of the most fun parts of building a guitar and you can make any size or shape that you want. Copy something that you like or make one that just feels right in your hand. I figure about a hundred bucks depending on wood, truss rod, fretboard, inlay. If you can make the body, you can carve a neck.

Comment

I have a Warmoth Fatback neck that I am really happy with. But it's great to have other options like Musikraft and USACG to order from. My next neck will be a Strat boatneck, all maple, scalloped, with stainless frets. I expect to be able to bend strings like a mofo on it.
            Last edited by peskypesky; 08-17-2014, 03:17 PM.
            The most important part of my religion is to play guitar.
            Lou Reed

Comment

I'm not sure, but I've been thinking about getting one too.
              If you smile at me I will understand because that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.

Comment

Working...
              X