Guitar Choice Help please!!!

danno1no1

• Members

Hi everyone. Any help here would be very much appreciated. Right I recently sold my ESP KH2 guitar, it was great but I just play at home and didn't need an expensive guitar like that. So my question is I'm looking for another, I play metal and a lot of punk too. Im more into rhythm playing. I've been looking at Jackson's and ibanez guitars so do you have any advice on a particular model I should go for? Many thanks.

• Members

LTD also makes the KH2 at a third of the price. Hunt thru used place, and see if you can find one. I also suggest using guitar Center's website, and finding one. They will ship it to a local shop, as long as it's paid for. IF you don't like it, they will refund your money.

Good luck in the hunt.

• Members

Why did you sell the guitar if you liked it so much? And why is an expensive guitar a problem - they're usually well made and play better than the less expensive models. If you buy a less expensive model you may spend all you time comparing it to the better one you sold and have sellers and buyers remorse.

• Members
I've seen the jackson dkmgt & ibanez sz520qm what do you think of those? Good quality/sounding thanks

SZ520QM (or the SZ320) are great guitars and for the quality, very cheap used. The pickups are okay, but I dropped a Bluesbucker in the neck (p90-style humbucker) and an Air Zone in the bridge ("vintage voiced" version of the Tone Zone), with coil tapping push pull switch. Incredible guitar with one of the best necks ever.

• Members
Why did you sell the guitar if you liked it so much? And why is an expensive guitar a problem - they're usually well made and play better than the less expensive models. If you buy a less expensive model you may spend all you time comparing it to the better one you sold and have sellers and buyers remorse.

yeah I'm with this. Unless you needed the money I don't see the point in selling a guitar you liked and were happy with simply because it was pricey.

• Members

If you have a store nearby, go to it and just shop around. Play some guitars. It's even worth a road trip with a buddy or gal- might have to take her to lunch.dunner tho...lol.

We can recommend all the guitars we THINK you might like. Just " I play metal" isn't much to go on. That is anywhere from a les paul to ibanez to jackson to strat, John 5 plays metal on a tele. PRS is discounting out some SE models.

The guitar is such a personal thing with so many options, even on the same model. Some identical guitars have discernible differences.

Archived