NGD Fender content

gardo

• Members

Well thanks a lot you guys have corrupted me to the point that I bought a Strat , From Floyd's recent posts to Ratae's continual enticing and even an old post from Phil where he called the Gemini 1 a Strat players wet dream. I Took in My old Epiphone just to see what they would offer. The last time I was there the offer was just a bit too low. I had my amp in the truck so I sat it up and started playing while they put together some numbers. I played a lot of guitars and put them back . So I picked up a couple Strats just to find out for myself what the big deal is including a scratch and dent special and somehow just couldn't let go of it When finally I did put it back I was afraid someone else would grab it so I put it behind the counter. This time I left with a little more than the previous offer in my pocket AND a new Strat in my hand. It waa good day

The sound through my Ampeg is pure sex

d189c9466884276c2e62bc8ea53bc181.thumb.jpg.31f33bfef37955d3f6a3c0a3da672456.jpg

a93c52cff75a2af32fecf139a0c6777f.JPG.fca10eb2d7ee4f6a0e1eac2eed3f92a2.JPG

• Members
Congrats - my favorite color too. What model is that ? It looks like an American Standard with that humbucker in the bridge position.

I'm not a Strat expert . Its MIM and they told me it's an FSR Standard It has a decal on the back of the headstock that says Fender Special Edition It feels good and plays good and except for the drop mark looks great

• Members
Yeah, I think it is a great look, too. Nice grab.

Carl's trem set up video is pretty helpful,

Quite interesting,I like the idea a lot but I think I'll just play it for a while before changing anything. In other words,I'm afraid of messing it up.

• Members

It's a bit hard to tell, but, it does look like an easy fix -- if you want to bother.

The gouge (if there is one) can be filled with black epoxy and leveled, then touched up with gloss black

Thanks for the tip. i do plan to touch it up but that will mean not playing it for a while so .......not yet

Her's a better pic of the wound

fetch?id=31232038

• Members
The Strat is the instrument of choice of the virtuoso' date=' you sir are now on the road. However one Strat is not enough, I think the minimum by statute is about 4[/quote']

The problem is that there seems to also be some sort of statute of limitations involved here although the terms are rather vague and arbitrary.

Archived