HNGD - Doubleneck Inside

eeddings

• Members

2014 Epiphone G-1275 Limited Edition

Fresh off the boat from Korea by means of a little Mom 'n Pop's out of Fort Wayne, IN... Actual photos of my new baby below. The finish is exceptional. The fretboard is silky smooth and without all that waxy crap that was on my other Epis. The inlays are cut perfectly -- I see no filler around them nor do I see any of the drill pilot holes.

1403210147-detail3-large_zps2720ae1d.jpg

1403210147-front-large_zps191a3e45.jpg

1403210147-detail2-large_zpsbbbe1549.jpg

1403210147-detail1-large_zps41a527a4.jpg

• Members

Thanks! Haha pretty clever what you did there! I've been GASsing for one of these for the past three years. I really wanted a white one (because my wife says I have too may red ones... say whaaa? Red si my color!) I didn't want to spend $800-$900 on a used one, which is typically the price I've seen them sell at since I started looking hard at them. Finally decided to pre-order one from said Mom 'n Pop's shop and man I am really glad I did. I know it's not a Gibson, but my wallet is happier that it isn't.

• Members

At my age I don't think I's want to carry the extra weight in my shoulder.

Awhile back I thought about building a pair of bass /six string double necks for a three piece original band I was playing in. We'd switch off playing bass and guitars and it getting old constantly swapping instruments. It would have looked cool too because he was a lefty and I was a righty so you'd have necks facing opposite directions on stage.

• Members
I'd love to get a Double Neck kit that has the six string on top with 24 frets' date=' Floyd Rose and the twelve string on the bottom. I've always like the EDS 1275, Epi and Gibbs, they are Classic Beauties .... sooo Timesless !!!![/quote']

Yes, I'd agree that the 6-string neck having 24 frets would be awesome. It's really different going from a 24-fret neck to a 20-fret neck (for me anyway).

• Members

Back in the 1970's I formed a duo with my younger brother. I played a white Ibanez SG copy 6/12 doubleneck and he played the same guitar with a bass/6 combination. We had a univox rhythm machine and wore matching powder blue leisure suits. We worked nonstop till I moved away. Sold the guitar because it weighed a ton and was breaking my back.

• Members
I own a Galveston triple neck that I pull out from time to time for fun. It actually sounds fantastic and plays great. Great construction. But heavy as hell.

Man that quilt top is gorgeous! How much does it weigh?

About 15 pounds. It's not as ridiculous as it seems.

1. 3 guitars in one is quite practical in a studio with little space.

2. The huge body is ridiculously resonant. The 7 string base notes sound huge

3. The tone is gorgeous

4. The wiring is pretty simple. Each neck has an "activation switch" they all lead to a simple Les Paul 2 vol/2 tone control setup.

5. You get some nice sympathetic feedback resonance effects if you turn all the necks on....sort of like a sitar.

The top is a veneer and yes...ridiculously nice for the money.

My best guess is that it's poplar or basswood underneath to save on weight. but even without the standard huge metal tailpieces....it's heavy.

You've got LOTS of tuners 6 pickups and 3 necks with metal truss rods. I've played it live before...more for fun than any practical reasons.

I mean my guess is that there's probably a PEDAL these days that can make a guitar sound like a 12 string or baritone guitar just as passably

• Members

Bought a Dean Hardtail Select 6/12, with hardshell case, severla years ago at Guitar Center as a "used" guitar -- which was actually factory overstock with no warranty. Everything about it is excellent, except the wiring and the pickup selector switches. After a couple of years, I got tired of the crackles and replaced all toggle switches, replaced all the wiring, and re-flowed all the other solder joints. No problems since. Weight is good (for a double-neck) and playability, balance, and tone are all awesome. This does the Stairway and Mahavishnu electric 12-string distortion tones with ease.

%CE%A6%CF%89%CF%84%CE%BF%CE%B3%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%86%CE%AF%CE%B11720.jpg

dean_hardtail_d454_back.jpg

• Members

About 15 pounds. It's not as ridiculous as it seems...

My Galveston 8-string bass weighs right at 13 pounds (5.9 kg).

It takes a bit of time playing it to get used to the wide fretboard, which is 3 inches wide at the nut and 4.25 inches wide at the 26th fret.

-98391707205897560.jpg-90191706561238301.jpg

Archived