New Guitar Day! (Telecaster Content)

Howie22

• Members

Here it is. Arrived via UPS this morning. 2014 FSR Standard Ash Butterscotch Blonde. Used, but appears to be in absolutely pristine condition. This is my first electric in a long time, and it's my first Telecaster.

I think this model guitar is mostly a Mexican Standard, but with the vintage ashtray bridgeplate with brass barrel saddles and the reverse switchplate. It says it has the regular Hot Standard Tele pickups that come in all the MIMs these days, but I swear this model always sounded hotter than the regular teles (and even hotter than the Nashville with Tex-Mex pickups) when I played them before in the local big box store.

I'll be getting an Orange Crush 35ldx tomorrow. For now, I plugged it in to my son's little Tonemaster Mini. Everything seems to work properly.

Thinking ahead, I believe I will want to have a 4 way switch installed to get the two pickups in series. Can that be done easily with the reverse switchplate? Does anyone know if it is routed out for a middle pickup? Not sure I'd want to go there, but I must admit that the Phostenix wiring diagram for a Strat-O-Tele Fat Tele is rather intriguing.

291834b5726300bbfd5d1bca72a6f1a5.thumb.jpg.de32448ef01e073eddde35c8937b0184.jpg

• Members

HNGD You can't go wrong with that one. I don't think a reverse control plate will make any difference when installing a 4 way switch.

This wiring diagram seems to be what you need.

tele4way.gif

Also I seriously doubt that your tele is routed for a middle pickup .

Congrats on your new favorite guitar

• Members
Install a Mini Humbucker or a Humbucker in the neck position & prepare to be blown away....
That's what I originally wanted, something like the G&L Bluesboy. However, I wasn't certain I wanted to give up the regular neck and middle tele sounds? I do like the regular neck pickup. I thought the 4-way switch might be a better option. Putting the Duncan stacked tele humbucker in the neck is still a strong consideration

• Members
That's a gorgeous guitar. For God's sake' date=' PLEASE get a real amp![/quote']

He has a real amp by now:

. . . I'll be getting an Orange Crush 35ldx tomorrow. . . .

Unless the Orange Crush isn't your idea of a "real amp." One thing's for sure, it's better than mine.

Archived