Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

August 2014 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MorganB View Post
    89. Bullet Telecaster back up at GC

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-B...96-i3225413.gc

Hey! how are those Wasburn Firebirds?

Mine is alright, for $249 I wasn't expecting much...the only flaw is some black paint on the binding in front of the neck pup. 14 radius is not my bag, but I can live with it, you shred guitar people would like the neck and frets. My favorite thing about the guitar is how light and balanced it is, the pups and the pots are fine, I am not going to touch them....I've done ome tweaking/adjustments, will do a few more....I think when I change the string it will play better...I have purchased some very bad guitars in the $200-$500 range, this guitar (although not fantastic) is a keeper.

Oh yeah, the guitar looks good on me
    Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
    1st generation Irish

Comment

Thanks, looking for the white ones soon!

Comment

Look like someone bought one, back up over a grand now!!!

This isn't quite in flippable range yet but for someone looking to score an SG style guitar a pretty good deal!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-Tribute...552131&sr=1-14

Gibson SG Future Tribute Min-ETune Guitar Vintage Sunburst Vintage Gloss

Last edited by Dega500; 08-25-2014, 08:20 AM.
        Good transactions with pedalboard, TheSkyIsCrying!, LionHeaRT07, hottub, jackpotjewell, GibsonVMan, J Kylez, sublimeride, sxyryan, RoadRanger, joelbah, flummox, metal0822, old_metal_head, ko stradivarius, lovellintn, Geeter

11 Gibson Les Paul Standard Traditional Plus
        80 Gibson Les Paul Standard (Wine Red/ nickel)
        12 Takamine EF341SC

Comment

~~Epiphone Les Paul Special I P90 Electric Guitar Worn Cherry $89

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone...70-i2101227.gc

Comment

Originally posted by sasjf View Post
            ~~Epiphone Les Paul Special I P90 Electric Guitar Worn Cherry $89

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone...70-i2101227.gc
            Very thorough review here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZkTkOCjamE

Comment

Washburn Firebirds back up @250. MF put it in the cart with a cheap strobe light came to 219 it took the 15% off code.... think I will click for my first mini humbucker guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by MorganB View Post
                Washburn Firebirds back up @250. MF put it in the cart with a cheap strobe light came to 219 it took the 15% off code.... think I will click for my first mini humbucker guitar!

I am interested in what you think of the guitar...please post your thoughts . Remember it's a $219 made in China Firebird copy, not a Gibson....mine took some tweaking, I still haven't changed the string.
                Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
                1st generation Irish

Comment

Will review PS10 when it gets here.
                  Bad Cat Cougar 50H on sale again, great head 425 ...499 if you call in they will give you the 15% off the the coupon code is not taking on line.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...uitar-amp-head
                  Last edited by MorganB; 08-27-2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

d'addario 3 pack strings 10 and 9 gauge for $9 at GC Labor Day sale

Comment

~~~~Had to lower the bridge a full turn on the screws. but better balanced and and more singing tone than any Firebird I have played, I like the upper horn variation he did. Paul may not be the best guitarist but I believe in his guitar designs now and the old PS10 Ibanez guitars are in demand now and I hear this design is discontinued..... will look to pick up a white too if the sell them at this price

Last edited by MorganB; 08-30-2014, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• watsonaka
                        watsonaka commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Smoking Hot guitar... Is she yours... Er, I mean it

Thanks,~~Update just was at guitar Center played a 2k Skunk Baxter Firebird and it was , well balanced ,great materials but the bridge moved when I used the Bigsby, not 20 X nicer .....

I agree with you on the electronics, I planned on putting in Bill Lawrence mini humbuckers but these have a great singing characteristic with gain.
                      Last edited by MorganB; 08-30-2014, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Can you fit soapbar sized P-90s in those Firebirds in place of the minibuckers? I prefer a more distortion class pickup and have a passive EMG P92 (Based on the passive version of the EMG 81 (EMG H4). Would not want to make a permanent mod to where the original minibuckers wouldn't fit or there would be a visible route.

Comment

There is a little bit of play there I do not know if it is enough to squeeze it in !

Comment

Morgan do you know if the routes are like a Gibson LP Deluxe that has the metal bar that the pickup mounting screws thread into? If so then the p-90s are pretty much a drop in replacement except for needing to tap new screw holes into the steel bar.

Comment

It is mounted in the Pickup ring, that looks like it is just screwed into the body.

Went to Guitar Center to check out the interesting Vegas Gold Strat with a Custom Shop 2 point Vintage bridge for 799.-15% but walked out with a this Bullet they are selling in store for 99. new low price point for Aztec Gold.

Comment

• sasjf
                                sasjf commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Nice Guitar! I thought just the HH sparkles we on special? May have to take a trip but do not need any more guitars!!

• papaschtroumpf
                                papaschtroumpf commented
                                Editing a comment
                                only the HH strats were on sale at my GC. This aztec gold Squier was $130

Working...
                            X