August 2014 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

• Moderators

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the other thread. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction.

The RULES:

1) NO CRAIGSLIST POSTS IN THIS THREAD!

2) NO WHINING ABOUT DISCUSSIONS IN THE THREAD!

Last month we tried a separate discussion thread, but it's just too cumbersome to have a separate thread, so there won't be one anymore.

From my observations, the majority of people like to talk about the deals in order to decide if they want to buy something. There's typically just a few loud members constantly complaining about the discussions. As long as the discussions are related to the item in question, then the discussion can stay in this thread. If someone starts whining and causes a big flame war about "too much talking" they are going to get a temp ban. Everybody participating in any flame war in this thread will get a temp ban. Just behave yourselves! There is more to life than this internet thready thing.

3) All new deals must be posted in RED! Or at least the TITLE OF THE DEAL.

That will help people be able to filter though the pages of discussion and the actual deal posts will pop right out.

4) Your personal SPAM is not allowed in this thread. If you post SPAM in here, you will get a temp ban. Then no one will be able to buy your crappy gear.

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

And as, alway: there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a separate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

Bring em if ya got em!

• Members
Something for the Kiss fans, or just someone looking for a good price on a Washburn Firebird

USM_PS10B_front_560.jpg

WASHBURN PS-10 PAUL STANLEY STARFIRE with Gig Bag Regular $499 today SDOTD $249

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?icid=205957

I think I may be the only person in the solar system that pulled the trigger on one of these, I will be pissed if the white are tomorrows stupid ass deal of the day. ...if I don't like, it goes back...I was thinking decent firebird copy with mini hums, bound neck and ebony fret board, worth a gamble.

• Members

Yeah I was waiting for the white too. Give a review when is comes it looks like a nice variation on the Firebird. I doubt you will ever lose money on that and should rise when that model is no longer available....There are enough Kiss & or Firebird fans out there.

• Members
Yeah I was waiting for the white too. Give a review when is comes it looks like a nice variation on the Firebird. I doubt you will ever lose money on that and should rise when that model is no longer available....There are enough Kiss & or Firebird fans out there.

What Morgan said. That's why I got one. $235 after cashback. That should be an easy flip if I don't bond with it. If they SDOTD the white, I may have to return it, as I have way too many black guitars. Thanks for posting!

• Members

I wonder if the level 1 "like new" condition Black Cherry Genesis is the one I sent back. It was a 2012 model, but I didn't care for the light fretboard. The second one I received was a 2013 model and more uniform brown fretboard. For $263 I would have kept it if it's the same guitar. I don't really like the no warranty deal with Epiphone even though I've never needed to use a warranty for a guitar before.

• Members
89. Bullet Telecaster back up at GC

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-Bullet-HS-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar-109322396-i3225413.gc

Hey! how are those Wasburn Firebirds?

Mine is alright, for $249 I wasn't expecting much...the only flaw is some black paint on the binding in front of the neck pup. 14 radius is not my bag, but I can live with it, you shred guitar people would like the neck and frets. My favorite thing about the guitar is how light and balanced it is, the pups and the pots are fine, I am not going to touch them....I've done ome tweaking/adjustments, will do a few more....I think when I change the string it will play better...I have purchased some very bad guitars in the $200-$500 range, this guitar (although not fantastic) is a keeper.

Oh yeah, the guitar looks good on me :)

• Members

Look like someone bought one, back up over a grand now!!!

This isn't quite in flippable range yet but for someone looking to score an SG style guitar a pretty good deal!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-Tribute...552131&sr=1-14

31hQLsuMRnL.jpgGibson SG Future Tribute Min-ETune Guitar Vintage Sunburst Vintage Gloss

[TABLE=class: wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_a-lineitem]

[TR]

[TD=class: wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_a-color-secondary wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_a-size-base wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_a-text-right wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_a-nowrap] [/TD]

[TD=class: wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_a-span12 wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_a-color-secondary wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_a-size-base wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_a-text-strike] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_a-color-secondary wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_a-size-base wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_a-text-right wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_a-nowrap] [/TD]

[TD=class: wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_wysiwyg_table_a-span12] [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• Members
Washburn Firebirds back up @250. MF put it in the cart with a cheap strobe light came to 219 it took the 15% off code.... think I will click for my first mini humbucker guitar!

I am interested in what you think of the guitar...please post your thoughts . Remember it's a $219 made in China Firebird copy, not a Gibson....mine took some tweaking, I still haven't changed the string.

Archived