Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello and are there Any Flying Banana or Samurai owners here?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about a $9,000 samourai ?(not kidding)

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

Freak'n sweet,,,,,

Comment

Had this SGV 800; sold it, and was so upset about letting it go later that I have not sold a guitar since. Given away, yes. Sold, no.

Where'd you 'come across' them? I've been looking for a replacement for eons, the closest I got was one of the MIC cheapies, though it has a nice (if tiny) neck.

Comment

Not that I'd seriously considered selling it before but, reading between the lines here I get the idea that original 60's Yammy "flying samurai" SGs are hard to find and/or pricey. Anyone know what sort of figure I should put on my 1967 model if I were to put it on the market?
          http://www.surrealisticpenguin.com

Comment

I own a MIJ early '80s red SC-300T and a couple of EGV103C -- one yellow and one red.

Comment

Originally posted by Surrealistic View Post
              Not that I'd seriously considered selling it before but, reading between the lines here I get the idea that original 60's Yammy "flying samurai" SGs are hard to find and/or pricey. Anyone know what sort of figure I should put on my 1967 model if I were to put it on the market?
              They are around $1300 + on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar-Love View Post
                I own a MIJ early '80s red SC-300T and a couple of EGV103C -- one yellow and one red.
                Post up some pictures bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Danhedonia View Post
                  Had this SGV 800; sold it, and was so upset about letting it go later that I have not sold a guitar since. Given away, yes. Sold, no.

Where'd you 'come across' them? I've been looking for a replacement for eons, the closest I got was one of the MIC cheapies, though it has a nice (if tiny) neck.
                  eBay, Goodwill and Craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by Luthier-Atlanta View Post
                    They are around $1300 + on eBay.
                    Thanks - that much eh? Mine is the first half-decent guitar I bought, used, for around 50 GBP back in 73 or 74 - having had a terrible cheapo before that - and it's served me well over the years. It's kinda in retirement now though.
                    Last edited by Surrealistic; 08-15-2014, 02:30 AM.
                    http://www.surrealisticpenguin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Surrealistic View Post

Thanks - that much eh? Mine is the first half-decent guitar I bought, used, for around 50 GBP back in 73 or 74 - having had a terrible cheapo before that - and it's served me well over the years. It's kinda in retirement now though.
                      This on there now for $1200 there was another last week for $1300 and change,,

Mouse over image to zoom

Have one to sell? Sell it yourself
                      Vintage White 1966 Yamaha SG-2 Solid Body Electric Guitar

Comment

Working...
                      X