Playing Joe Perry's Rig

maplebaby

• Members

I had the great privilege to spend a day with Aerosmith in Cincinnati, 7/22/14 due to the kindness of Joe Perry's Guitar Tech, Mr. Foster. What an amazing thrill to get to play sound check with the techs of the band - all pro players - using Joe Perry's rig. I apologize for the audio quality as the volume of these amazing rigs easily overwhelmed the mic on our camera. Aerosmith has been a band for 44 years with the same 5 members - their influence on me as a young guitar player was tremendous as it has been for so many.

• Members

Awesome! How'd you manage to score a gig like that? I'm assuming the other guys were what, roadies? Local musicians? Did you meet the band?

Lucky you livin the dream. I just hope you remembered to wear your hearos.

Yeah, I didn't see anyone wearing hearing protection. I also noticed a guy at about 1:00, 1:45, and 2:25 covering his ears. Excessive decibelage (is that a word?) was probably the cause of some of the distortion ido1957 mentioned.

• Members

thanks for checking this out...sorry about the audio the stage volume easily overwhelmed the camera mic we were using. All the amps are on - Joe has his rig and a guest rig for when Johnny Depp/Slash and others may just show up - like last night in LA. Joe's tech says it's 110db. It was an amazing experience, having the opportunity to spend a day in the world of Aerosmith.

For some reason my original post didn't show the text that was included - i'll try and edit it as it helped explain a bit.

Joe wanted to include No More No More in this tours set list - he and his tech had forgotten the tuning of the song - they found my tutorial and used it to 'relearn' the tune. Joe's tech, Mr. Foster was kind enough to go out of his and go to the trouble of contacting me to thank me and invite me to a show and get the chance to play through Mr. Perry's rig. It was like a dream and something above and beyond anything i would have ever dreamed...i didn't deserve it but they went out of their way to give my son and i a day we will NEVER forget and make friends with some amazing people!

thanks again,

dale

Archived