How to play "Every Breath You Take" by The Police

kyboch

• Members

Here's my lesson on "Every Breath You Take" by The Police. There's quite a bit of stretching involved in this one, but once you learn the fingering "trick" it's not as hard as it might seem. Not only a great guitar part, very ethereal with all the 9ths, it's also a great exercise for the left hand.

I hope you enjoy the lesson.

cheers everyone

• Members

Playing it in normal tuning and singing it at the same time is most difficult. I found a special open tuning that will simplify playing it on the guitar that made it much easier to sing when playing it. We played it out live that way for awhile but hauling an extra guitar tuned just for that one song was a pain.

• Members

Speaking of Transcribe, I took it down to 50% and brought the pitch up 60 cents (that's where my guitar was) and am having a good time with it. Using bars as well as your fingerings.

Was able to get the gist of RnR Hootchie Koo too. Great stuff. Keep it up.

• Members
Speaking of Transcribe, I took it down to 50% and brought the pitch up 60 cents (that's where my guitar was) and am having a good time with it. Using bars as well as your fingerings.

Was able to get the gist of RnR Hootchie Koo too. Great stuff. Keep it up.

Yeah, for sure transcribe is such a great program. So much better than when I used to drop the needle on the record....that is if I had the record, or had enough money to buy one!

Archived