X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to play "Every Breath You Take" by The Police

Here's my lesson on "Every Breath You Take" by The Police. There's quite a bit of stretching involved in this one, but once you learn the fingering "trick" it's not as hard as it might seem. Not only a great guitar part, very ethereal with all the 9ths, it's also a great exercise for the left hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUWxJvInfWo&list=PLVexuNdY2IezHfKi5er9DxqP ZA2dYDo06&index=1

I hope you enjoy the lesson.
    cheers everyone

Good lesson. I learned this a while back and while it's not hard to figure out, the hand stretching is pretty intense

Comment

I recall learning this part about 15 years ago - then seeing a friend with a keyboard set to sound like palm mutes playing it without effort. At that point I gave up.
      http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

Grumpy old man from the Yew Kay.

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

great lesson! Always wondered how he played that!
        My Gear:
        2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster
        1998 Squire MIM Stratocaster
        Takamine acoustic
        Fender P-Bass

Comment

Cool lesson for a great song! Nice job dude!
          http://www.werekeepingtabs.com

Comment

Playing it in normal tuning and singing it at the same time is most difficult. I found a special open tuning that will simplify playing it on the guitar that made it much easier to sing when playing it. We played it out live that way for awhile but hauling an extra guitar tuned just for that one song was a pain.

Comment

Speaking of Transcribe, I took it down to 50% and brought the pitch up 60 cents (that's where my guitar was) and am having a good time with it. Using bars as well as your fingerings.

Was able to get the gist of RnR Hootchie Koo too. Great stuff. Keep it up.

Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something...

Comment

Originally posted by batbear View Post
                Cool lesson for a great song! Nice job dude!
                You mean creepy song.

Comment

Originally posted by 1001gear View Post
                  Speaking of Transcribe, I took it down to 50% and brought the pitch up 60 cents (that's where my guitar was) and am having a good time with it. Using bars as well as your fingerings.

Was able to get the gist of RnR Hootchie Koo too. Great stuff. Keep it up.
                  Yeah, for sure transcribe is such a great program. So much better than when I used to drop the needle on the record....that is if I had the record, or had enough money to buy one!

Comment

No [asteroids] man. I mentioned slowdowners to a guitarist in my area and his first thought was "Imagine if those were around in the 70s."
                    Between Ytube and DSP there's no excuses.
                    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something...

Comment

Working...
                    X