Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never knew about this Strat

I saw this on the local CL An American made Squier Strat.

looks OK, to me

nice neck

How much $ ?
    Last edited by Buttcrust; 07-24-2014, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buttcrust View Post
      looks OK, to me

nice neck

How much $ ?
      He's asking $300

Comment

Took a 2nd look, don't like the chip in the paint, middle of the body, bass side. $200, maybe
        Last edited by Buttcrust; 07-24-2014, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buttcrust View Post
          Took a 2nd look, don't like the chip in the paint, middle of the body, bass side. $200, maybe
          I saw that too. I won't have time to look at for a while anyway.But interesting

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/msg/4584759248.html

Comment

I was gonna say that it must have something to do with the fire in Ensenada and then read the ad confirming it. I love those 90's Fender Squier Series guitars as they were all basically made from US stock and only finished in Mexico back then. So I doubt that one has much over on the Mexican variety (which can be found cheaper) but from a collector's standpoint it could be worth something some day I suppose.
            "Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you're listening. Playing the piano ['guitar'] allows you to do both at the same time." -Kelsey Grammer

Comment

I dunno. Locally (St. Louis), Mexi Strats are going for $275 and up. There's one MIJ Strat for $375 and USA Strats start at $650. Granted I'm cheap but $300 for a Squier seems like a lot no matter where it was made.
              Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
              Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
              Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
              Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Where is this "USA" you write of?

It sounds like a magical place. Is it true the streets are paved with gold?
                Last edited by Virgman; 07-25-2014, 06:45 AM.
                **This space for rent. Inquire at office.**

Comment

The color is pretty retouchable. I like the neck.
                  A bit puzzled by the black switch and trem, would they likely be original?
                  Last edited by Chordite; 07-25-2014, 08:07 AM.
                  Less is more

Comment

I'm not a strat guy but i'm slowly warming up to them Should there be a skunk stripe?

Comment

I thought having a Mexican Squier was a good idea. Turned out to not be a good idea.

Comment

I would definitely prefer a mexi strat over a US Squier. The US Squiers are popular because of relative rarity, that and certain confused people on the net have convinced lots of other people that those Squiers are just as good as the US Standards of the time. But they really are just Squiers. Nothing wrong with that, but not worth more than $125 tops imo.
                        "A guitar saved my life"

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksstudent View Post
                          I thought having a Mexican Squier was a good idea. Turned out to not be a good idea.

I heard there were a lot more miss than hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stringbender11 View Post
                            I would definitely prefer a mexi strat over a US Squier. The US Squiers are popular because of relative rarity, that and certain confused people on the net have convinced lots of other people that those Squiers are just as good as the US Standards of the time. But they really are just Squiers. Nothing wrong with that, but not worth more than $125 tops imo.
                            In terms of collectiblity, it's probably worth $300, especially if the MIJs are going for even more than that!

Comment

http://davel.hubpages.com/hub/The-Fe...Typical-Squier

If you jump down to the section entitled "Standard Strat body meets far eastern parts" you read this: At the time Fender used its overstocked American cut necks and bodies to construct the "Squier Series." Apparently, these parts were shipped down to Mexico where they were put together with the cheaper components.
                              Today's Fender MIM Standards have between five and seven piece bodies. The MIM Fender Squier Series guitars are typically 2-3 piece bodies, with necks that dial right in with no fret sprout which is why I feel they are better mod platforms. I have two that after mods are the equal of my 89 American Standard in the important areas (tone, playabilty). Price is market dictated, but from a player's perspective, the MIM Fender Squier Series are professional instruments that really come alive with a few mods.

"Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you're listening. Playing the piano ['guitar'] allows you to do both at the same time." -Kelsey Grammer

Comment

Working...
                              X