What are you currently working on?

gardo

• Members

I have a new album that I've been working on with keyboardist Steven Halpern and bassist Michael Manring. Its called Ambient Alchemy and is instrumental electronic music featuring electric guitar and guitar-synth, E-bow, fretless electric bass, and keyboards. Should be out pretty soon.

• Members
I'm pretty mellow with my playing these days. Working on "Dream a Little Dream of Me" as recorded by

Ella Fitzgerald.

Honestly, I'm working on understanding why you are giving the Maple dude such a hard time. I don't like Brussel Sprouts so I don't eat or complain about them. It's pretty simple.

He's posted some really good stuff and if you don't like - don't eat.

I do hope he stays away from Rock Me Tonite though. Some real bad mojo there.

• Members

I've been wanting to learn "You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby" because it's been stuck in my head. I'd love to be able to do it fingerstyle but I can't play as well as I'd like. Also just wrote an original called "Heaven And Earth" and I need to make it presentable.

• Members

The Ray Charles version of Georgia on My Mind. I can sing pretty easily in G, but not F, so that version vs. the Hoagy Carmichael original. Before that I was working on Mr. Sandman. Doing the chord comping they both require really isn't my thing normally, but working through these songs repeatedly is forcing me to bring a little different musical thinking into my playing...which was the whole point of working on them.

• Members

Two recording projects I have going on turned into bands, so I'm re-learning, then re-arranging parts for those bands and getting them gig-ready for the end of summer. Also learning some covers to add to the sets including (so far) Listen To Her Heart - Tom Petty, Bones - Radiohead, Golden Age - Beck, The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down and Don't Do It - The Band. Also, took over drum duties in a buddy's band. brushing up on 24 tunes, a mix of covers and originals. Fun stuff.

• Members

I'm working on an acoustic/electric that looks like an ES-175 and getting ready to build a Les Paul Jr out of some stunning flamed Spanish cedar. Will post pictures if anyone is interested.

Also trying to learn two Vincents - Chet's version of Vincent:Starry Starry Night and Richard Thompson's '52 Vincent. Will NOT post clips of either....

• Members

I've been playing a Donald Kinsley solo I transcribed over and over. It consists of what could be thought of as 47 licks.

I think I've played it about 1000 times over the last couple months. This solo has really grabbed me for some reason.

I play it in different positions on the fretboard which helps to internalize it.

• Members
I've been playing a Donald Kinsley solo I transcribed over and over. It consists of what could be thought of as 47 licks.

I think I've played it about 1000 times over the last couple months. This solo has really grabbed me for some reason.

I play it in different positions on the fretboard which helps to internalize it.

That's the way to know it and know it well

I was afraid to open this because I thought it would be something about your Johnson.

Archived