This is a good album (Devin Townsend).

Floyd Rosenbomb

• Members

Sampled it and I gotta say I was totally digging what I heard. Somehow I expected it to be a Metal excursion when in fact it was like a mixture of Knopfler, JJ Cale and Pink Floyd - very cool indeed. Thx for the heads up - will explore this guys work further.

One question though. How does an artist make any money on his work nowadays when it's readily available to listen to in it's entirety. Couldn't anyone just download it for free?

• Members
Sampled it and I gotta say I was totally digging what I heard. Somehow I expected it to be a Metal excursion when in fact it was like a mixture of Knopfler, JJ Cale and Pink Floyd - very cool indeed. Thx for the heads up - will explore this guys work further.

One question though. How does an artist make any money on his work nowadays when it's readily available to listen to in it's entirety. Couldn't anyone just download it for free?

I hear stuff on youtube and if I really like it I'll buy it to support the artist.

We can argue ethics all day long. That's just what I do.

• Members

Good find Floyd . Haven't heard of him before so wiki'd for background. Interesting textures, but manages to keep his head above the "new age" water, just, despite being a long way from his death metal home turf.

Takes you somewhere in the dark with phones, and has strong tribal undercurrents, maybe relating to his British Columbia roots.

Thanks for sharing

• 4 weeks later...

Archived