In The Dark

maplebaby

• Members

Besides using us to promote yourselves,do you have anything else to contribute? The music is good but so what,there is a lot of good music out there. Your posts all say"LOOK AT ME " Do you ever appreciate anyone else s efforts?:

• Members

well since you brought it up...yes, over 100 free instructional vids and am very glad to do it and have so many kind responses. Just as i've leaned from many here hopefully a few things i've shared allow other players to get songs under their fingers they've wanted to play. I do have to admit i've gotten back far more than i've given in friends & folks that share appreciation and enjoyment they've received from the vids.

• Members
well since you brought it up...yes' date='[b'] over 100 free instructional vids [/b]and am very glad to do it and have so many kind responses. Just as i've leaned from many here hopefully a few things i've shared allow other players to get songs under their fingers they've wanted to play. I do have to admit i've gotten back far more than i've given in friends & folks that share appreciation and enjoyment they've received from the vids.

Over 100 free instructionat vids ? perhaps but certainly not posted here by you as you only have 50 posts..

I like good music and your music is first rate, I just don't see you posting here other than for self promotion

• Members

Do a little searching and you will find way more than 50 posts from maplebaby some under slightly different monickers. He has been here a long time. We more mature types don't give a rats ass about post count or date joined. We have survived multiple incarnations of this forum and none of that crap matters 1 iota to us. I'm glad he's still here. I enjoy his music and instructional videos. He's a stand up guy who freely shares his knowledge.

• Members

I don't care about post counts or join dates or any of that if the person at least tries to interact other than just promoting himself.

I've never seen 100 instructional viids although I did see one. 100 vids , 50 posts , it just doesn't add up .

I'm not criticizing their music but it would sure be nice to see him acknowledge somebody else once in a while, or at least make some comment not related to his own efforts. I've mostly been ignoring his posts anyway so I'll just continue .

• Members

Gardo, have you ever been to the lesson loft? Regarding post count, you are the one who keeps citing it. Maplebaby has been here under different names for a long time. He may have had to change due to forum changes and not being able to continue with those names. I'm willing to bet you find them if you page through the loft and check any post by maple____ . His has been maple something for a long time but some forum changes locked out some folks and they started over. Why is this so difficult for you to grasp? His post count is low now due only to the changeovers that took place and having the maturity to simply make another id rather than whine to the mods about not having his former id readily available. Yet you keep moaning about how he can't possibly have more than 50 posts. many folks lost their post counts when they changed from the last failure of a forum. I've lost count of all the changeovers. I'm now wondering if I'm having a discussion with a 12 year old. If so I apologize, I generally don't argue with kids.

• Members

I for one enjoy maplebaby's vids and I enjoyed them when he was posting as maplebbay. If I didn't, I wouldn't watch them or respond. This discussion has happened before and I doubt it will stop now.

That said, I liked the vid. I also like maplebaby's Les Paul. It's nice to see one without those pus green Klusons they usually have.

• Members

I honestly feel very thankful for the kind words and information that has been shared in this post. It is never my intent to offend, hurt, or spend anyone's time doing anything less than something positive and that they enjoy doing on this forum. For those of us who've known each other for quite awhile now please know i greatly appreciate the fact that we can share music, and to our best possible via this mode of communication - friendship. For me, at the end of the day, it's about relationship and helping others.

your friend,

dale

• Members
Gardo' date=' have you ever been to the lesson loft? Regarding post count, you are the one who keeps citing it. Maplebaby has been here under different names for a long time. He may have had to change due to forum changes and not being able to continue with those names. I'm willing to bet you find them if you page through the loft and check any post by maple____ . His has been maple something for a long time but some forum changes locked out some folks and they started over. Why is this so difficult for you to grasp? His post count is low now due only to the changeovers that took place and having the maturity to simply make another id rather than whine to the mods about not having his former id readily available. Yet you keep moaning about how he can't possibly have more than 50 posts. many folks lost their post counts when they changed from the last failure of a forum. I've lost count of all the changeovers. I'm now wondering if I'm having a discussion with a 12 year old. If so I apologize, I generally don't argue with kids.[/quote']

I don't like his posts. I don't have to like them. I am entitled to my opinion. A person resorts to name calling when he has no intelligent response . get over it

• Members

I like his posts.

I like that gardo feels he can disagree. People do, get over it.

The last numpty I disagreed with on here put me on ignore because I refused to agree with him. Sad but true.

You put a post up, people gonna judge it. Its what people do.

Good vid, like the previous ones I have seen. Are they simply promos? I hope not, but if they were I would side with gardo.

Either way I would defend his right to voice his opinion.

• Members

Not once did I dispute his opinion. I agree that he has the right to his opinion. He does not, however, have a right to his own facts. His post count argument doesn't hold water with anyone who knows the OPs history here.

• Members
Not once did I dispute his opinion. I agree that he has the right to his opinion. He does not' date=' however, have a right to his own facts. His post count argument doesn't hold water with anyone who knows the OPs history here.[/quote']

Said the pot to the kettle

​ Here are your own words " Yet you keep moaning about how he can't possibly have more than 50 posts " Yet the truth is that I never said that .I said he only has 50 posts and that 100 vids and 50 posts don't add up but I never said he can't possibly have mere than 50 posts, so I guess we all see who''s full of it

• Members

Funny how this kind of thing happens. Recently on another forum I said I Liked Linkin Park and was moved by a couple of their songs. That's all.

And out of the blue two of the forum members who I always got on fine with released a total hatestorm at me snide insults, graphics and abuse.

Well I still like this song so feck'em :)

[video=youtube_share;_NvrWciHrBw]

• Members
But it does add up if you look at his posts that occurred before his name change. Why are you not comprehending this simple fact?

The simple fact is this

Nothing you say has any credibility.

You fabricate words and try to credit them to me. Then accuse me of inventing my own truth.

What are you his mother or something?

This has all become quite pointless

• Members
Funny how this kind of thing happens. Recently on another forum I said I Liked Linkin Park and was moved by a couple of their songs. That's all.

And out of the blue two of the forum members who I always got on fine with released a total hatestorm at me snide insults, graphics and abuse.

Well I still like this song so feck'em :)

[video=youtube_share;_NvrWciHrBw]

I had a similar one with Floyd R in the zep thread. He thought the video was just like listenig to the albums, I didn't. All sorts of sh1te then, culminating in him putting me on ignore, because I disagreed! The forum equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and going" la,la,la".

I despair of the place. Everyone is getting so precious.

• Members

Isn't there a "post clips of your band" forum here? It seems to me that it would be helpful in this situation, where a guy who really isn't a poster in the "electric guitars" forum, could post his stuff without being criticized? It's obvious he has no interest in posting on this forum, but....where should he do it?....to get maximum exposure w/o having to be a real member?

There should be a place. I think?

Archived