Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What performance defines electric guitar for you?

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
     
    **************** Harmony Central

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by humbuckerstrat View Post
      Quicksilver Messenger Service's album Happy Trails. Also, Eruption by EVH.
      That album still astounds me by the incredible tone Cippilina was able to get with his Bigsby loaded SG. Robbie Krieger and Barry Melton were also delivering delicious tones with SGs back in those days.

      Being a fan of everything guitar, I found this question particularly difficult to interpret. For me, I think it may of been the Stones that first alerted me to the darker colors and emotions that could be invoked by the electric guitar. These two come to mind as songs that tore up the airwaves dominated by folks like Frank Sinatra and Elvis at the time:





      Not that this necessarily defined electric guitar for me but it showed me it's more muscular side.
      "Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you're listening. Playing the piano ['guitar'] allows you to do both at the same time." -Kelsey Grammer

      Comment


      • #33
        I love Richard Thompson. He's in my top five.
        ---
        https://soundcloud.com/patrickaei

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by knotty View Post
          For me

          Hendrix - Star spangled banner - Woodstock
          I'd have to say his entire performance that morning..All of it together...Moved the world for me and still does..
          www.soundcloud.com/alamojoe


          www.soundcloud.com/vomiteers

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Bucksstudent View Post

            I love Richard Thompson. He's in my top five.
            Yeah me too...Vincent BlacjShadow...Love that line.."Red hair and Black leather, my favorite color scheme". Overall one of the best guita players ever.
            www.soundcloud.com/alamojoe


            www.soundcloud.com/vomiteers

            Comment


            • #36
              Scotty Moore's second solo on "Hound Dog".
              Youtube , ​Murika , France

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by wankdeplank View Post

                ...Robbie Krieger and Barry Melton were also delivering delicious tones with SGs back in those days.

                ...
                Don't often hear 'the fish' mentioned. Kudos!
                Last edited by mrbrown49; 07-22-2014, 10:24 PM.
                Listen...

                Comment


                • #38
                  David Gilmour, pretty much the whole Pulse DVD but Comfortably Numb gives me chills every time.
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Mesa Boogie Road King II
                  Carvin 2x12 cab
                  Egnater Rebel 30 Combo
                  Fender FSR Standard Black
                  Schecter Hellraiser Black Cherry
                  Ibanez RG570 Blue
                  Ibanez AR200 Red Wine
                  Gretsch G5120 Orange
                  Hofner Shorty White
                  Musket > Morley Bad Horsie > DynaComp > FullDrive 2 > BBE Green Screamer > EH POG2 > Ernie Ball Volume > Amp
                  Loop EFX: Line 6 M9

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Becks Bolero
                    So many guitars, so little time

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Buttcrust View Post
                      Becks Bolero

                      Good call.
                      “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching”
                      Gerard Way

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Here's Guthrie Govan defining guitar:
                         

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I'll go where my goosebumps take me. I remember the first few times I heard Hendrix cranking out 'Voodoo Child (Slight Return).' That was waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy farther out than anything I had heard before. It still gives me the chills hearing it today. I'll be 80 years old with one foot in the grave and that thing will still raise the hairs on my neck.

                          Hey! How y'all doin? I kinda miss this place.
                           
                          Originally Posted by csm


                          The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.



                          "You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

                          Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
                          Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by noisebloom View Post
                            I'll go where my goosebumps take me. I remember the first few times I heard Hendrix cranking out 'Voodoo Child (Slight Return).' That was waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy farther out than anything I had heard before. It still gives me the chills hearing it today. I'll be 80 years old with one foot in the grave and that thing will still raise the hairs on my neck.

                            Hey! How y'all doin? I kinda miss this place.
                            Hi noise!
                            very few of the old gang still around.
                            Its all a bit precious now. Big flames if your not nice to everybody.
                            Some are trying to get back the old, more mature, robust atmosphere but It aint happening. Very pc happy clappy now.
                            Good to see you.
                            “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching”
                            Gerard Way

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by noisebloom View Post
                              I'll go where my goosebumps take me. I remember the first few times I heard Hendrix cranking out 'Voodoo Child (Slight Return).' That was waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy farther out than anything I had heard before. It still gives me the chills hearing it today. I'll be 80 years old with one foot in the grave and that thing will still raise the hairs on my neck.

                              Hey! How y'all doin? I kinda miss this place.
                              Awesome performance

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by knotty View Post
                                Hi noise!
                                very few of the old gang still around.
                                Its all a bit precious now. Big flames if your not nice to everybody.
                                Some are trying to get back the old, more mature, robust atmosphere but It aint happening. Very pc happy clappy now.
                                Good to see you.
                                Good to see you too, knotty. Good to see some of the gang still here.
                                Originally Posted by csm


                                The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.



                                "You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

                                Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
                                Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

                                Comment









                                Working...
                                X