NGD

Midlife Rocker

• Members

I really hope that it's everything you wanted. HNGD.

When I got a 360, I was initially happy, but found it wasn't for me and not the perfect guitar I thought it would be. I have a 620/12 now, which is everything I wanted and more. The solidbody Rics are very underrated and can get the same tones as the semi-hollow bodies, and are more versatile all around, but I'd still like to have a 330 or 360 again. They're well made guitars.

• Members
Arent they hard to play? Something about the neck radius. Not sure where I got that from' date=' just in the back of my mind somewhere?[/quote']

They do have a unique neck, which most people describe as too small. However, when I got my 360, I played it exclusively for a month, and found that I actually dramatically improved after only doing my usual practice routine in terms of speed and accuracy, which I can't say for any other guitar brand. It was even more so when I played my twelve string Ric for a month in order to get the hang of it.

If you're primarily a rhythm player, it doesn't take long to adjust, but it takes some time for a lead player.

• Members
Congratulations! Nothing sounds quite like a Ric. Definitely on my guitar bucket list.

Not entirely true. Before I sold my 360, I compared it back and forth with my Jazzmaster. The JM has the exact some tone with more power, which was the breaking point for me.

However, they make a twelve string guitar like no other.

• Members

Finally had a chance to play it at volume. First ran it through my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. Really getting that "jaggly" Rickenbacker sound through the clean channel. Next plugged into my THD Bivalve 30, with a Marshall 2x12 Cabinet. Once again clean is very Rickenbacker sounding. Throw in some crunch and getting some Smithereens tone!

Getting used to the neck. The action is a little high for me, so I'll need to spend some time dropping it down.

All said and done, been waiting for this sound for a long time!

Archived