Wow, they just nail it.

• Members
Sorry' date=' love zep but timing for page is waaaaay off. Great concert because of the circumstances but nailed it? Not for me sorry.[/quote']

He's always played better in the studio and besides, he's 70 now, not much younger in this vid. Full marks from me. I get what you're saying though... Plant deviates a little too much from the originals too but still....

• Members
Sorry' date=' love zep but timing for page is waaaaay off. Great concert because of the circumstances but nailed it? Not for me sorry.[/quote']

What?? No way, Brah. For me it was like listening to an album, spot on.

(granted, I did skip a few songs)

• Members

I expressed my regrets back when we discussed this a year-and-a-half ago. This whole performance just sounded soupy to me

• Members
Huh' date=' makes me wonder about the quality of speaker on some of your computers.[/quote']

The speakers cant make the solo after the break on whole lotta love sound like it was played by a beginner.

• Members
Huh' date=' makes me wonder about the quality of speaker on some of your computers.[/quote'] It's not the speakers, DACS, or phones. This show sounds "less than great" on Blu-Ray, DVD, CD, or on AXStv or Palladia ...

• Members
So we've gone from nailed it to OK for an old drugie.

People seem to mistake studio recordings for what a live band can actually do.

For any band to get up and rock the house like they did for just over two hours is an incredible feat. Add in that they are old men, and that it sounds great, it's just impressive all around. There is no arguing with taste of course, if you don't like it, whatever.

• Members

People seem to mistake studio recordings for what a live band can actually do.

For any band to get up and rock the house like they did for just over two hours is an incredible feat. Add in that they are old men, and that it sounds great, it's just impressive all around. There is no arguing with taste of course, if you don't like it, whatever.

I fully understand the difference between studio and live thanks.

It's just that if somebody thinks this is nailing it, they have very low standards. My lads band are, and would always expect to be, much tighter than that.

• Members

So that's what happened to DocJeffrey

To be fair, he posted for a little while after that, but what really happened was a change in forum dynamics. No one can argue that this forum is the same as it was even a year ago, which is about when he left. I lurked for years and I know this forum is way different than it was five years ago. He probably just decided this wasn't for him anymore like all of the others who haven't returned.

• Members

I fully understand the difference between studio and live thanks.

It's just that if somebody thinks this is nailing it, they have very low standards. My lads band are, and would always expect to be, much tighter than that.

Apparently you don't understand. In cases like this the best and most certain way to resolve the issue is to turn to mass intelligence. When problem solving, the majority gets it right. So what does the majority have to say about this concert?

http://www.amazon.com/Celebration-Deluxe-Edition-Blu-Ray-digipak/dp/B009E3EY38/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404860855&sr=8-1&keywords=led+zeppelin+concert+2012

That's right, Babe. That would be 1,205 independent reviews averaging out to a 5 out of 5 star rating for this performance. In other words, the world at large understands that the boys from Zep nailed it. I'm sorry that your standards/ears are broken. With time and attention hopefully you can make a full recovery.

We can't promise anything, though.

• Members

Apparently you don't understand. In cases like this the best and most certain way to resolve the issue is to turn to mass intelligence. When problem solving, the majority gets it right. So what does the majority have to say about this concert?

http://www.amazon.com/Celebration-De...n+concert+2012

That's right, Babe. That would be 1,205 independent reviews averaging out to a 5 out of 5 star rating for this performance. In other words, the world at large understands that the boys from Zep nailed it. I'm sorry that your standards/ears are broken. With time and attention hopefully you can make a full recovery.

We can't promise anything, though.

The people who bought it tended to like it.

No shlt sherlock.

And if the masses are always right - 7 billion people didnt buy it.

If you are happy with it fine. The timing is way out but if thats not important to you then I can see you thinking they nailed it.

Archived