HNGD - Gibson Content

BG76

• Members

These went out on clearance for really cheap I figured why not check one out. This is a Gibson Elliot Easton Firebird. Since I have the EE Gretsch and Kramer I figured it would be cool to add to the collection.

40FBB25A-E5E4-491A-A941-CF775D15F336_zpsgflzc611.jpg

• Members
What are those 4 switches for?

Thanks Everyone.

The switches are pretty useful.

The three way toggle works just as you would expect it to. The four slider switches mounted in the pickguard access individual coil splitting for both pickups, phase-reverse when both are used together, and Gibson’s Pure True Bypass switching. The latter routes the bridge pickup directly to the output jack when engaged, for a quick preset lead tone with no loading. The coil-split switching offers something new, too: wired in Gibson’s “Frequency-Tuned Coil Tap” mode, the two pickups are still reverse-wound/reverse-polarity in the center position when tapped, for hum-canceling single-coil tones, and their individual tapped tones are still hum reducing.

• Members
Cool guitar. Elliot Easton is one of my favorite guitarists' date=' imo he's always been a master of tasteful leads..[/quote']

This^ Big Cars fan, Ocasek and the boys from back in the day. But Easton really had a knack for really tasty leads without being totally ostentatious and over the top like so many of the 80's shredders. He even brought new life to CCR with his lead playing in the Revisited band. Really enjoyed that band when he was with them. (Glad to see that Doug and Stu have reconciled with John. Looking forward to seeing the John Fogerty band in Oct.)

• Members

This^ Big Cars fan, Ocasek and the boys from back in the day. But Easton really had a knack for really tasty leads without being totally ostentatious and over the top like so many of the 80's shredders. He even brought new life to CCR with his lead playing in the Revisited band. Really enjoyed that band when he was with them. (Glad to see that Doug and Stu have reconciled with John. Looking forward to seeing the John Fogerty band in Oct.)

If you're on a tight budget the guitar to find is the Kramer Elliot Easton model. IMHO it's the second coolest Kramer they made (behind the Grim Reaper, of course).

I bought this one for $300 or so at Guitar Center. These were one of the few Kramer models actually manufactered in the USA. Production was supervised by Tom Anderson and his influence can certainly be seen in the design. IMHO they're as good as the CS Fender guitars I own - check out the flame on the neck (and this is a regular off the rack guitar). The profile on these is nothing like you would expect from Kramer. More like a 60s Fender C shape.

This is the only Floyd guitar I own, and I bought it for a recording I was doing for someone that called for that. Nice to have one fiddle that you can use for that kind of stuff and for the money (or 5x the money) you would be hard pressed to find something better.

DSCN0006-4.jpg

DSCN0007-1.jpg

DSCN0004-1.jpg

• Members

If you're on a tight budget the guitar to find is the Kramer Elliot Easton model. IMHO it's the second coolest Kramer they made (behind the Grim Reaper, of course).

I bought this one for $300 or so at Guitar Center. These were one of the few Kramer models actually manufactered in the USA. Production was supervised by Tom Anderson and his influence can certainly be seen in the design. IMHO they're as good as the CS Fender guitars I own - check out the flame on the neck (and this is a regular off the rack guitar). The profile on these is nothing like you would expect from Kramer. More like a 60s Fender C shape.

This is the only Floyd guitar I own, and I bought it for a recording I was doing for someone that called for that. Nice to have one fiddle that you can use for that kind of stuff and for the money (or 5x the money) you would be hard pressed to find something better.

DSCN0006-4.jpg

DSCN0007-1.jpg

DSCN0004-1.jpg

That is very cool. Ditch the Floyd and I'd be all over that for sure.

Archived