Ebay problem. Help!

mbengs1

• Members

I opened a case for a item dispute. The amp I purchased was broken and I had to have it fixed at an authorized repair shop. The case was closed in my favor and I am supposed to receive a full refund for the repair cost. But I have not received any refund at the moment. I think it has to do with my credit card company changing my standing so the refund did not go through. What should I do ?

• Members

Normally you send back damaged gear for a full refund. Since you opted to have it fixed, that's pretty much between you and the person you purchased it from. I'd surprised you could get EBay involved in the repair. Shipping damage is carrier insurance issue. If that shipper makes a claim for shipping damage he gets the refund on that and then if he's a good guy he'll forward that repair cost to you.

From what I see everyone has done their part on making good so it has nothing to do with the seller or EBay.

Its your issue dealing with whatever credit card issues you're having. If that means calling the credit card company so be it.

When you say "I think it has to do with my credit card company changing my standing so the refund did not go through". I have no idea what that means. Unless your card is revoked or its frozen for some reason that shouldn't stop you from getting a refund to that card. If you owe them money they will take that refund and put it against what they owe you.

It may be the refund cant be completed because it isn't the same transaction that was paid out on. Credit cards are not checking accounts where you can just make a deposit any time you like. If you had gotten a full refund that would be more like a reversal of payment. When its a Partial Refund its a new transaction. Pay Pal can be set up to receive payments like that with bank cards, but credit cards aren't just going to let any payment come in or out without some kind of action on your part to prevent the card from being hacked.

I'd check with the credit card company and check your procedures for incoming money first. Ask them what's needed to receive a partial credit. Then you can check your EBay account and see if the credit is available there. I do know many of those kinds of transactions have time limits. They should say "Refund Issued, then "Refund Completed" some place in the history. If it says Completed and you have nothing showing on your card then something likely went wrong, but credit cards are slow to post changes too. They all sit on cash too eek out interest money. If its pending on eBay and the card hasn't recognized it then you need to create a path to the card and see what's needed from the credit card company to do that. . Be sure to save all correspondence. You may need it to resolve the issue at some later date.

• Members

Once I received shipment on an expensive Magnatone M15 amp that showed up with the cab all broken. The seller got a refund from USPS which he forwarded to me. But then USPS basically handed me over the amp for free because they didn't know what to do with it. Major score because it was loaded with about 15 vintage tubes, the two alnico speakers, the reverb tanks etc....Not only that, but I simply dropped all of the electronics into a wooden cab I made myself for a nice head version of this amp. All pretty much free of charge.

• Members

Just my opinion, but I would have sent the amp back to the guy who sold it to you. It sucks it got damaged, but he gave the insurance money to you so he's out the money and an amp, albeit a damaged one. One would think if he got the amp back he could fix it and sell it to get some of his money back. I personally would have sent it back to him and kept the money - not both.

• Members
Just my opinion, but I would have sent the amp back to the guy who sold it to you. It sucks it got damaged, but he gave the insurance money to you so he's out the money and an amp, albeit a damaged one. One would think if he got the amp back he could fix it and sell it to get some of his money back. I personally would have sent it back to him and kept the money - not both.

I agree.

Archived