Upgrades done

tele41166

• Members
Nice stuff. Not sure about the knobs though.

I don't mind them myself. IMHO, they go with the black pickup selector switch tip and the black ring for the bridge pickup. Besides which, I simply like knobs with numbers.

• Members

I don't mind them myself. IMHO, they go with the black pickup selector switch tip and the black ring for the bridge pickup. Besides which, I simply like knobs with numbers.

The knobs look OK to me as well but if you check the last pic. the bridge pickup has a gold ring

• Members

The knobs look OK to me as well but if you check the last pic. the bridge pickup has a gold ring

You're right. That's odd. It looks black in the second pic.

Edit: Hey, wait! Those are pics of two different guitars! What the heck?

• Members

A quick bump to say this thread is bogus. There are pics of at least two different guitars. The middle pic has covered pickups, a black bridge pickup ring vs. gold, and it's made of different wood. Probably all just random Internet pics.

• Members
. . . Maybe the middle pic is the "before".

Must be 'way before. It's not even made of the same wood. I hadn't noticed the crooked switchplate in the first but it shows a gold pickguard and gold hardware. The second pic has a gold pickguard and chrome hardware. The third has a silver pickguard and gold hardware. Probably three different guitars. A quick image search didn't turn up those specific pics but I'm not convinced.

• Members
A quick bump to say this thread is bogus. There are pics of at least two different guitars. The middle pic has covered pickups, a black bridge pickup ring vs. gold, and it's made of different wood. Probably all just random Internet pics.

The second pic is obviously a stock photo, maybe to show the stock config?

The first and third are the same guitar. In the third pic there is a small dark mark in the grain just to the right of the front edge of the bridge plate. If you look close you can make it out in the first pic as well.

Comparing pup rings is a bit foolish in a mods thread since they were obviously modded, based on the OP. very-happy.png.197c47f720636f02390cc2b0a33804da.png' alt='smiley-veryhappy'>

• Members
. . . Comparing pup rings is a bit foolish in a mods thread since they were obviously modded, based on the OP. very-happy.png.197c47f720636f02390cc2b0a33804da.png' alt='smiley-veryhappy'>

Yes, obviously modded but the same guitar? The jury's still out IMHO. Still, I'm glad you're satisfied and that you get to decide what's foolish. I'm not though.

• Members

Thanks for the comments. I bought the guitar at M.F. for 429.00 blow out sale. Anyway the 2nd pic is M.F. 's pic of the guitar. The pickups alone were 250.00. The bridge is a Fender US bridge. I also added fender gold machine heads, a bone nut, all new wiring and a gold custom neck back plate and all gold hardware. This was done over a period of time. My son likes it as I do. It sounds great. I wish he would play it.

• Members
Thanks for the comments. I bought the guitar at M.F. for 429.00 blow out sale. Anyway the 2nd pic is M.F. 's pic of the guitar. The pickups alone were 250.00. The bridge is a Fender US bridge. I also added fender gold machine heads, a bone nut, all new wiring and a gold custom neck back plate and all gold hardware. This was done over a period of time. My son likes it as I do. It sounds great. I wish he would play it.

I suspect the knobs put him off.smiley-wink

Archived