All the Rage

JC777

• Members

I'm surprised Lag guitars aren't. I own a Lag acoustic and one of the lower priced electrics. Incredible quality.

IMG_1019_zps59b92024.jpg

IMG_1020_zps06cd40f5.jpg

IMG_1021_zps859d7159.jpg

Those necks are the smoothest, most amazing feeling pieces of wood. I had one of the electrics in sunburst, but didn't like the pickups. This black one sounds great through my Marshall, though. Very woody and P-90 esque.

• Members
I'm surprised Lag guitars aren't. I own a Lag acoustic and one of the lower priced electrics. Incredible quality.

Those necks are the smoothest, most amazing feeling pieces of wood. I had one of the electrics in sunburst, but didn't like the pickups. This black one sounds great through my Marshall, though. Very woody and P-90 esque.

I've seen the name but I've never played one.

• Members

Isn't that why Squier '51 and Guitar Fetish were popular? They're good instruments on the cheap?

The Lag T66 is only $200, I think. Maybe less. They make good acoustics in the same price range, though mine was $500. French designed, made in Vox's China factory. Anyone who deals Vox can get you a Lag.

• Members

Maybe people have realised the next level is in their fingers, not the guitar.

"If only I had that guitar I would play great" is something of a delusion. Probably because when we replaced our first piece of high action junk with a decent guitar it felt so great we thought we could repeat the pattern all the way to the top. But it is a "law of diminishing returns" thing in reality.

Buying a Mustang won't make you drive like McQueen either, same principle sm-wink

• Members

Kind of an apples and oranges comparison for me.I have 8 hammers. None help me drive a nail any better than another. They just work in different situations or picked up for a good price. Not a matter of a guitar making you play better. Its more of an enjoyment of the guitar itself. I was still buying guitars even when I wasn't playing more than a few minutes a year.

I've never owned an Agile, Xaviere, or Squier 51. It was just a question about latest trends. Seems the Classic Vibe series is hot elsewhere.

Archived