Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Harmony Central....PLEASE remove the sidebar ads.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Harmony Central....PLEASE remove the sidebar ads.

Such disrespect to your community. Please remove the sidebars. I beg you, please. Is it money you want? I have a couple bucks I can send you.

Originally posted by Steve2112 View Post
    Such disrespect to your community. Please remove the sidebars. I beg you, please. Is it money you want? I have a couple bucks I can send you.
    I'm actually not too bothered by them, actually...

Then again, I do have a 24" 1080p monitor...
    Mazi Bee Militia!
    JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
    PpP
    My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

I don't mind them. I clicked on one today, and I almost NEVER click banner ads ...

Comment

Get over it. They don't bother me either.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve2112 View Post
          Please remove the sidebars. I beg you, please.

You can "move them to the top" if you simultaneously press Cntl+ (that's the Control Key and the Plus key at the same time). The main topic window will get wider and wider each time you press the Cntl+ sequence until it consumes the whole width of the screen. The advertisements will "float" to the top of the topic. The Cntl+ sequence zooms up one step each time the key sequence is pressed.

If you want to backup, simultaneously press Cntl- (that's the Control Key and the Minus key at the same time). The Cntl- sequence zooms down one step each time the key sequence is pressed.

If you simultaneously press Cntl0 (​that's the Control Key and the Zero key at the same time), the zoom is set back to 100 percent.

Comment

Till they start charging us dues I guess they can do what they want to the place. I was gonna say they don't bother me but then this line 6 thing kept flashing at me sending me into an epileptic fit. OK, I exaggerate, but yeah some of em are annoying.
            "Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you're listening. Playing the piano ['guitar'] allows you to do both at the same time." -Kelsey Grammer

Comment

Disrespect? Hardly. hate to tell you this, but HC is a business, and they want to make money like all the rest of us. It's the way the world works.
              I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
              Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

They probably figured it can't get any worse, so screw it.

Comment

What's the problem?

Pretty much every site has ads these days and at least the ads here are a lot less intrusive than some.
                  http://www.surrealisticpenguin.com

Comment

Ad Block Plus prevents several of them from loading, and they don't follow me when I scroll down the page.

Comment

I have no problem with ads as long as they are guitar related.. In fact I have a mild interest in seeing what's out there.

Comment

Okay sorry! The ads on the side take up nearly 1/3 of the browser area. A couple are bigger than most of the posts.

I will try the moving to top trick. That's where they've been until recently- not sure why it moved to side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksstudent View Post
                          Ad Block Plus prevents several of them from loading, and they don't follow me when I scroll down the page.
                          This,
                          Last edited by DaleH; 06-16-2014, 02:37 PM.

Comment

This is what it looks like for me. I will take the advice and make some changes..but it really is kinda silly. If you don't agree that's fine.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X